Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: freezing cold and lots of snow

Shocking out there today and nothing worse than cold rain :nonono::nonono::wallbash:

Posted

Snow reported not that far away in Llandegla which has an altitude of 830 feet, just cold rain down here (at 350 feet)

Pete

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...

Just got back from Haverfordwest and frankly should not have left the house today.  All, and I mean all, the roads are flooding to some extent and the B4329 is almost impassible in places.   Glad I made it back before dark though.  Outside temperature is 0C but only cold rain and wet sleet falling.  Don't really expect this to change overnight but if this rain keeps up there will be disruption to travel tonight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

After a few toy throwing incidents and tantrums in the mod thread today this evening's run have got everybody back in the polar express frame of mind....I really hope we get lucky this year.

Yes today has been awful and I hope nobody got flooded a month before christmas but at least after tonight it looks like we are going to have a week or so to dry out

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms
6 hours ago, PeteB said:

Snow reported not that far away in Llandegla which has an altitude of 830 feet, just cold rain down here (at 350 feet)

Pete

Went through Llandegla around 2pm this afternoon, sleety snow was falling but very wet conditions. I did see lying snow up towards the Horseshoe Pass though. For us here, an absolute shocker of a day. Relentless rain with odd bits of sleet earlier on.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold or very hot

Heavy rain here all day.  flooding an issue along the a55 and heavy snow a problem between Bala and Trawsfynydd 

https://mobile.twitter.com/gareth78roberts/status/800799769492942849

Awful day yesterday. Steady rain rather than bucketfuls (9.6 mm) but all driven along by a howling NE'ly. Average wind speed of 22.1 mph and a peak gust of 38 mph. I could see a dusting of snow on nearby Plynlimon (752 m).

Currently broken cloud, 3.1 mph NNW breeze, 1.8C, pressure 985.2 and rising.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

Well its been an emotional topsy turvy ride in the mod thread the last few days....the trend is there though for something way better than the mild mush feat we endured last year!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather, wind, snow, heat, storms

Great clear crisp morning. -1.6C on my station. -3C when out in the countryside in the car. Far better than last year so far.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, thunder and lightning.

It's going to be a cold one tonight :) 1.3c at 6pm in Cardiff's Bute Park.

Posted
53 minutes ago, whiskers said:

-2 here already,could be the coldest night so far! 

54 minutes ago, whiskers said:

-2 here already,could be the coldest night so far! 

Just got back from a 10k run tonight...was aboustley freezing to begin with anyway. On the cusp of something special this year I think

Posted
9 hours ago, dbaloo said:

It does feel different this year,fingers crossed,even if it stays cold I'm happy,snow would be amazing though!

-5 this morning!! Freeeezzzzing!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, thunder and lightning.

-5.5c in Bute Park this morning. A thick frost and bitterly cold still.

Fingers crossed this is the start of a good Winter for us all.

Posted

What a cracking morning. Walked the dogs around 7am, just before the sun popped up. Very hard frost. The colour of the sky was beautiful

My car recorded -7 between Pontypool & Usk. Lowest I can remember since 2010.

The scenery was stunning driving through Monmouth towards the M5. 

Edited by Cwmbran Eira

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
1 hour ago, Cwmbran Eira said:

What a cracking morning. Walked the dogs around 7am, just before the sun popped up. Very hard frost. The colour of the sky was beautiful

My car recorded -7 between Pontypool & Usk. Lowest I can remember since 2010.

The scenery was stunning driving through Monmouth towards the M5. 

Was that down through the Wye Valley? I tried to do that in October but was met with an unwarned road closure and diversion so didn't bother returning in November to see the autumn colours. Otherwise, love that area and the scenery is gorgeous.

Posted
1 minute ago, MP-R said:

Was that down through the Wye Valley? I tried to do that in October but was met with an unwarned road closure and diversion so didn't bother returning in November to see the autumn colours. Otherwise, love that area and the scenery is gorgeous.

Yes. That's it. I regularly drive through that area. Stunning. Lovely coating of  hoar frost. Got me feeling proper festive.

Posted

not really looking too good right now folks - models have gone right off the boil after so much potential and we're looking down the possible barrel of Atlantic westerly weather for a little bit now - we shall have to see - but for now the snowy beast from the east, north east, north west - isn't coming out to play - Andy over and out

• Like 1

Posted

Who needs to look into the future when last night gave the coldest December night since 2012 made -2.1c with a lovely easterly breeze.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather, wind, snow, heat, storms

I disagree Andy. From what i understand reading the mod thread (and cutting through dross "I can't believe we're not having a 1947, 1962, 2009, 2010 winter" ad nauseam) there is nothing for cold snow lovers in the immediate future. This mild may last just under a week, with a slow return to more seasonal temperatures, with the potential, if somewhat with low probability at present for blocking to our north towards Xmas and more frosty conditions that we have seen at the start of the month. We're in a better position than last year.

It ain't a 2015 Christmas that's for sure.

• Like 1