Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Please carry on here

old thread here -------> 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...

Beautiful sunny morning here although this brisk northerly is an early taste of winter.  Can see those shower clouds over to the west which apparently had a wintry mix overnight.  Might go out for drive later to see if there is any evidence of it!   For the time being the showers seem to be clipping the western fringe of Pembrokeshire but they might swing further east as the day goes on.

Posted

Year after year, it makes me sad to see how quiet the Wales forum is.

Perhaps we should be merged with the SW and CS England or Midlands forums?

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, Jackfrost said:

Year after year, it makes me sad to see how quiet the Wales forum is.

Perhaps we should be merged with the SW and CS England or Midlands forums?

season hasn't really kicked off just yet for us - it'll get busier once the snow is progged and I think this year is shaping up to be a goodun - let's hope so anyway

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, andymusic said:

season hasn't really kicked off just yet for us - it'll get busier once the snow is progged and I think this year is shaping up to be a goodun - let's hope so anyway

I suppose so, Andy. I'm usually very cautious as we approach winter - the last three years have hardened me - but I'm much more confident this year.

Snow is in the forecast for Capel-y-ffin tomorrow, (by far the coldest spot I've been able to find this far south with its own forecast from the BBC), when earlier it was plain rain.

Edited by Jackfrost
  • Like 1

An interesting day ahead after these weeks of static weather. Currently light frost at -2.3C apparent. If today's forecast rain was being driven from the north then I would anticipate snow at this height. Alas, it's coming from the opposite direction and air temps should have sufficiently warmed by then to produce - drizzle. Dead calm at the mo, overcast, pressure 1005.8 and falling.

Posted

Have fun everyone who has snow! Just hope ours will come in time,meanwhile I'm very happy with  dry,crisp and frosty ! Really enjoying the excitement and anticipation already! Our turn will come!!

Posted

Snow grains here, no doubt from the specks of precipitation ahead of the front as showing on the radar.

1.8°C.

Edited by Jackfrost

Posted

someone's being cautious -

Yellow Warning of Snow for Wales

Yellow Warning of Snow for Wales : Denbighshire, Flintshire, Gwynedd, Powys & Wrexham valid from 1500 Tue 08 Nov to 1000 Wed 09 Nov

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

To be getting snow warnings in November has to be an improvement on last year already... plenty of autumn left before we get to winter proper..all the right rumblings are being made in the model thread aswell as a few contributions from some of our own members in this group.keep everything crossed that everything falls into place.lets keep this group alive as when it's busy in here it's a great read

Edited by dbaloo
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

A lot of talk in the mod thread over the last 24 hours...the big guns in there saying blocking and cold looking more likely after slightly milder spell mid month from what I can make out

Posted

Lovely frosty morning here. 

Looks like we'll have to suffer a little unsettled spell before something more interesting which would be great timing for the start of winter.

Posted

00z GFS overnight model prog snow for Wales from around 19th NOV and onwards possibly - obviously into the realms of maybes but looking interesting

Posted
11 minutes ago, andymusic said:

00z GFS overnight model prog snow for Wales from around 19th NOV and onwards possibly - obviously into the realms of maybes but looking interesting

Yes looks very interesting indded! Already this October/November we've had some 12 frosts and 5 of them air frosts! Twas January last year when we could say the same thing and winter is yet to start! All bodes well for settling snow i.e colder temps drier soil, brilliant stuff. 

I've a feeling this year is going to be quite special and remember a Nwstly delivers best for Wales not the so called beasterly! 

Get a Nwstly first to give us a dumping of snow rhen a scandi high to keep us cold and get thos temps dropping! 

• Like 2

Posted
2 hours ago, Cymro said:

Yes looks very interesting indded! Already this October/November we've had some 12 frosts and 5 of them air frosts! Twas January last year when we could say the same thing and winter is yet to start! All bodes well for settling snow i.e colder temps drier soil, brilliant stuff. 

I've a feeling this year is going to be quite special and remember a Nwstly delivers best for Wales not the so called beasterly! 

Get a Nwstly first to give us a dumping of snow rhen a scandi high to keep us cold and get thos temps dropping! 

Winter on its way? first signs of some wintry precipation on its way.06_129_preciptype.png?cb=865

Edited by keithlucky
  • Like 2

Posted

looks like winter is just over the horizon now - possible snow events this weekend - marginal but certainly possible on the 00z GFS - and a complete blocking and negative NAO the following week and snow too with temps dropping considerably - here we go folks - get your snow shoes on - could be a cold and snowy ride about to hit us

• Like 2

Posted

Yes Andy interesting weather this weeekend  Thursday into Fridayi 06_108_preciptype.png?cb=706Tweet for various met office sources for a colder than average December.

Edited by keithlucky
  • Like 1

Posted

Wales could get a dumping out of this saturday night - will all depend how that low swings in but right now a really good chance of a dumping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gfs-2-114.png?6

gfs-2-120.png?6

• Like 2

Posted

Real potential being shown today for things further down the line...hold on to your hats people....the winter rollercoaster has well and truly begun this year!!!

Posted

Shwmae Pawb!

Winter is well and truly knocking our door now! I think many places above 300m will see their first coverings end of this week, snow perhaps down to lower levels but little settling.

Looking ahead could turn very nasty sunday with a deep depression, the questions remains whether this could in fact produce a huge amount of snowfall above about 200m in Wales - entierly possible.

Posted

Rwy'n synnu ei fod mor dawel 'ma! Digonedd o gyfleoedd/potensial eira dros y dyddiau nesaf i Gymru yn enwedig dros dir uchel! Dewch mlaen, gadewch i ni roi bach o fywyd i'r fforwm 'ma!

I'm bemused at how quiet this thread is! Huge potential and opportunities galore during the next few days for Wales especially but not only across high ground! Come on, let's breath some life back in to this thread!

eira 1.pngeira 2.pngeira 3.pngeira 4.pngtymheredd.png

Tonights GFS 18Z Precip and Temps look great for Wales!

If the winds remain northerly at the weekend then a good possibility. I am above 300m and the snow line in these parts is at about 200m. The snow used to arrive regularly just for a week at the beginning of December, then nothing until January. I have a feeling that the wind will veer westerly/south westerly and warm things up somewhat. We shall see!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...

Well I sure like the look of this, and getting more likely every day.  Could do with moving a little further south and west is all I'm saying....

image.pnge

• Like 1