Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted

This is the closest we will have to disposing of that Dublin snow shield since 2010... My ears are pricked up. Plenty can change between now and then, especially at local level, if the wind can change to a N/NE then I'd get streamers off the Irish Sea. Until then, a few flakes will suffice. Looks like our brethren up north will do very well out of this! Enjoy it lads and ladies!

• Like 1

Posted
35 minutes ago, Rocheydub said:

This is the closest we will have to disposing of that Dublin snow shield since 2010... My ears are pricked up. Plenty can change between now and then, especially at local level, if the wind can change to a N/NE then I'd get streamers off the Irish Sea. Until then, a few flakes will suffice. Looks like our brethren up north will do very well out of this! Enjoy it lads and ladies!

Always amazes me that you haven't seen anything since 2010, Rocheydub. Personally I think it's punishment for winning all those all-Irelands <whistle>

Posted
25 minutes ago, ForeverPomeroysnow said:

Always amazes me that you haven't seen anything since 2010, Rocheydub. Personally I think it's punishment for winning all those all-Irelands <whistle>

:D

I'd gladly swap all of them for a club all Ireland!!!

But yes, it has been a brilliant few years for a football fan in Dublin! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Rochey, we'd have swapped a couple of snow events if you could have went easier on us in the Semi final! 

Posted

Thursday evening into Friday still looking interesting.

North and West looks best at present, if winds are favourable and precipitation lasts we could all get a good covering. 

Snow sledge polishing today folks :cold:

E796B2D9-7D96-433A-A8A9-564DCB26D47A.png

Been a while since I saw this forecast for my location also :yahoo:

C90B47D2-3CA8-436A-A31A-00BD2229CB80.png

Edited by Weegaz
  • Like 4

Posted

Vwry confused, all the models scream highs of about 0 or 1 thrusday Friday Saturday, and buckets of snow for us in the north west, bbc still going for temps of about 5 and rain? What gives here ?

Posted

I’m not convinced one bit there will be lots of snow. Wintry showers yes. Widespread snowfall? Just can’t see it what so ever. 

Posted

Hope your right MS I’m just worried about actual wind direction. Us in the east don’t do well out of a nw generally 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hegzyy said:

Vwry confused, all the models scream highs of about 0 or 1 thrusday Friday Saturday, and buckets of snow for us in the north west, bbc still going for temps of about 5 and rain? What gives here ?

This is highly confusing, yes. I always take the BBC temperature forecast with salt but the 6C and rain hasn't changed since it popped up on the Further Ahead tab. However, Netweather shows Friday as a white-out. Very interesting to watch as time progresses. 

Edited by Guest

Posted
1 hour ago, Neiller22 said:

Hope your right MS I’m just worried about actual wind direction. Us in the east don’t do well out of a nw generally 

The winds will be more N than NW.

We'll be fine.

Posted

The model thread is just a complete head fryer!! Lol. Whatever happens towards the end of the week things just don't look the norm compared the past 4 winters. All looks good to me. We should have a better idea of what's going to happen weeks end by tomorrows 12z

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snooow

Its hard for me to see this happening as it's 9.1C outside right now, just took the bin out on my t-shirt and shorts and didn't feel any cold! 

Really hope the temp drops, as well as snow flakes this week :D

Posted
2 hours ago, Neiller22 said:

Met office update confirms my fear for us MS. Great for north awful for south and east. Clear and sunny. 

Neiller, it's Monday, the snow is not due until Thursday evening.  No model can accurately predict where the snow will be.

Chill.

Anyhow, I class us as North East, not South.

Edited by mountain shadow

Posted

Plenty of opportunity on Friday for us to see the white stuff and into the weekend......plenty of time for upgrades also, we'll not mention or think about downgrades.

prectypeuktopo.png

Posted

Having looked over a few charts I can see why north and south split, but depends how far south.

Its going to windy from the WNW so showers should push through fairly quickly, the showers should also be heavy favouring southern areas to at least see something.

As always with this set up, north does best.

96-574UK.gif

102-290UK.gif

126-780UK.gif

Posted

Interesting forecast from met.ie for Saturday :

Saturday will be cold and mainly dry with sunny spells. Highest temperatures of 3 to 6 degrees with light westerly winds, gradually backing southerly. At the moment, it looks like rain will spread from the west on Saturday night and will turn to snow for a time as it meets the cold air. 

http://www.met.ie/forecasts/

Posted

Ok, these automated forecasts aren't the best, but I have rarely seen such chance for snow at four days hence, I remain confident of some decent snowfall from late Thursday through to late Saturday, after that is still up in the air (pun intended)

image.png

• Like 1

Posted

Going by the METO's latest video update Thursday is looking pretty good for us. Hard to pin point snow amounts but the timing of the colder air digging in is perfect. Thursday evening in to Friday will be interesting with troughs embedded in the strong northerly flow. Looking forward to it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mountain shadow said:

Ok, these automated forecasts aren't the best, but I have rarely seen such chance for snow at four days hence, I remain confident of some decent snowfall from late Thursday through to late Saturday, after that is still up in the air (pun intended)

image.png

The BBC/Met automated forecast is sending highly contrasting messages for Derry compared to other automated forecasts. One can only hope that we can get some linearity. 

Posted

Sure is, but by the time it gets to HIRLAM T-12 it will be all gone (Dublin snow shield only) while the rest of the country gets a pasting!