Ireland Regional Weather Discussion

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Victims of the 2017 Snow Blizzard Speak Out Some harrowing tales are emerging across the country this morning as the victims of the 2017 snow storm share their stories.  The whole of Norther

Just saw total accumulation maps (for next 48hrs) from latest euro4 model. Think I peed myself a little!

Guys - good luck with the snow potential over the next few days  cameras at the ready!

Posted Images

Just another let down and the way things are going last few years. Another over-reaction by meto it seems so in future I will take these warnings with a pinch of salt. Ah well onto next chase if one materialise's. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, booferking said:

Sunset on the lough this evening..

snow.png

That's f***** sensational Boofer. Great photo.

No snow this morning at all when I woke, apparently it sleeted during the night. All surfaces were frozen solid, and the roads were dodgy. My best taste of winter since 2010. Shows how bad it's been since then!

• Like 3

Wow. Freezing rain right now in Antrim.  Just went out to get some coal for the fire and nearly broke my neck. Haven't seen freezing rain in years.   

• Like 2

showers this this eve have been sleet?hail. falling on frozen ground roads with be tricky in morn. have to say im happy with how it turned out we done well enough snowise.

Sleet showers on and off all day, still patchy snow cover. Idk how seeing as we only had 1cm covering. At dusk above 130/150m was still pure white. I thought 2.5 days of snow cover earlier in the week so even though it was nice it snowed it was a pile of crap tbh considering expectations and lack of sleep spent lamppost watching :) 

Edited by Longtimelurker