Ireland Regional Weather Discussion

44 minutes ago, ForeverPomeroysnow said:

I think it has been well pointed that most of the activity would be from later on (after 6) no need to panic yet...

Unfortunately for me winds r going to turn more northerly then so will turn to rain for me! Well at least I've a couple of cms here already so hopefully get snowman finished before it turns

• Like 2
  • Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Victims of the 2017 Snow Blizzard Speak Out Some harrowing tales are emerging across the country this morning as the victims of the 2017 snow storm share their stories.  The whole of Norther

Just saw total accumulation maps (for next 48hrs) from latest euro4 model. Think I peed myself a little!

Guys - good luck with the snow potential over the next few days  cameras at the ready!

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, bobbarley said:

Unfortunately for me winds r going to turn more northerly then so will turn to rain for me! Well at least I've a couple of cms here already so hopefully get snowman finished before it turns

What makes you think it will rain?? Anything that falls between now and Saturday will be snow, especially up north

MetO forecast, if it is to be believed, shows overnight heavy showers for a period of hours.

So far for my locations it has been accurate.

As Bob mentioned, if winds turn more northerly it would help us down the east coast, especially if wind speeds increase.

Its not over yet and looking cold through to Saturday mid morning.

Edit:- Its showing the wind direction to change at around 8pm this evening to NW / NNW direction with a slight increase in speed

Edited by Weegaz
3 minutes ago, Sperrin said:

This is more like it, hefty shower incoming from the NW. Really hope that we get something more this evening. 

Screenshot_20170112-125039.png

Yes, we've hit this shower. Hail/Snow