Snow?

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Victims of the 2017 Snow Blizzard Speak Out Some harrowing tales are emerging across the country this morning as the victims of the 2017 snow storm share their stories.  The whole of Norther

Just saw total accumulation maps (for next 48hrs) from latest euro4 model. Think I peed myself a little!

Guys - good luck with the snow potential over the next few days  cameras at the ready!

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

A band of snow pushin SE now. Will it survive to get here though?

She'll be close mountain but looks like its gradually snowing out on radar

Nothing has reached us in Crumlin yet either

Had a bit of snow here the past 20 minutes in Antrim, heavy for a time and left a slight covering on the tops of cars.   Stopped now, hopefully something a bit heavier and prolonged comes along.   

It is icy cold outside, especially when there is the slightest bit of wind, I had taken the dog for a walk and had to put 2 big jackets on I was that cold. 

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

A band of snow pushin SE now. Will it survive to get here though?

That's always the million dollar question. Can only hope. Charts looking good for later next week to turn colder again and possible potent northerly as high heads to Greenland.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Dkeane3 said:

Wind is to increase during the day, possible blizzard conditions in higher locations?

Increasing wind wouldn't be good for the north and west (near coast)

Just now, BREIFMAN11 said:

Increasing wind wouldn't be good for the north and west (near coast)

It would bring showers further inland, still seems cold enough for snow on coasts though

Just now, Hegzyy said:

Very poor shower activity,  sunny since the big shower at 9, looks like this was overplayed

Yes, it has been sunny for a while. We got a shower a while ago, hope something more sustained comes before the dusting melts making it even harder.

Just now, Neiller22 said:

This is very very disappointing. Only hope we have is for this evenings forecast to be correct or this is been a massive let down. Warnings look a big over-reaction to date. 

Its still quite early to write it off. However, the more we go into the afternoon then into evening showers will appear  to take longer to turn to snow once hitting land.

If there was a consistent hour of snow, the snow would be thick enough to stay long enough for the next shower, as of right now the showers are too inconsistent and far apart causing melts inbetween not helping the situation here. I am still an optimist but not looking good. Temperature rising through night for us

10 minutes ago, BREIFMAN11 said:

The sun appears to have melted all of the dusting from the roofs and open grass.

Yep, same here. Mind you, it's the first time I have seen decent sun since I can't even remember :cc_confused: