Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow
13 hours ago, ronan said:

Haven't a clue how to read those charts but i will take your word for it. Lol

Look at the very bottom of the graph and there are little snow symbols with associated % risk. Thursday shows 100% but, as with all these models, take it with a healthy dose of salt!

• Like 1

Posted

Interesting days weather coming up on Thursday, hopefully it's not a damp squib!

Screenshot_20161115-205349.png

Screenshot_20161115-205357.png

• Like 3

Posted

Not really seeing much i the way of snow anywhere away from the hills Wednesday in to Thursday so a wee drive to the Sperrins Thursday morning could be on the cards. I think realistically we are looking to the start of December for any developing cold to take hold if it even does! One thing for sure is that there is plenty of northern blocking and for us that can only be a good thing! We shall see.

Posted

I think your right regarding the snow over the next 1 to 2 days ronan.  Symbols all but gone for my location.

MOD thread is the usual rollercoaster, but interesting reading all the same.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snooow

Just back from a few hours walk and I am freezing! Feels ready for something out there, would love to see a little snow drizzle. 

I bought a new house this year only a few miles from my parents but it's no longer on high ground so my chances have probably decreased too. Ah well,  one of these years we will get plastered, I can feel it!

...Hopefully this year :)

• Like 1

Posted
22 minutes ago, ForeverPomeroysnow said:

I note some talk of a West based negative NAO, now why do I think that's not such a bad thing for us esp in the North and West? 

It can be as long as not to far West. I remember a couple of years back Donegal and Derry getting heavy snow from a West based -NAO.

I think some are getting ahead of themselves though.

• Like 1

Posted

I'm personally not expecting any deep cold until into the 2nd week of December (maybe slightly earlier) and would expect it to last into the New Year at the very least. A Christmas card Christmas Day is on the cards I reckon.

• Like 3

Posted

From 6pm Thursday until 9am Friday the met office automated fc shows Snow falling for every hour at Omagh with the temp at 1c throughout. Now I know take these with a pinch of salt but I must admit its usually very accurate. Especially when its showing snow over a widespread time frame.

Guess there will be a Yellow snow warning in the morning stating accumulations above 100-150m and some slushy deposits  possible to lower levels at times.

Edited by Abyss
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

wet morning here,the temp has fallen back a bit the last hr or so,was around 5c earlier ,now at 3.1 and the rain turning more sleety atm.

Looking forward to the likely upcoming frosty spell.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: continental climate

Snowing in Dublin 24

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All seasons veteran of the 1981 winter

One to Watch for you guys in Northern Ireland Monday night into Tuesday morning.  Wintery showers feeding in from the north a strong possibility .

I  see you have thundery Hail sleet and snow showers forecast for your area this afternoon and evening...

16112106_1706.gif

• Like 3

Posted

So going by the latest forecast its looking a little better for us later today for a bit of snow. Could be a few surprises later on. Good to see some of you seeing snow showers already.

• Like 1

Posted

Yep turning very sleety here now to we could get see some snow later. 

https://www.wunderground.com/?MR=1 is giving 3-7cm snow around Omagh area tonight we shall see.

Also first weather warning issued by the metoffice.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?tab=warnings&map=Warnings&zoom=5&lon=-3.50&lat=55.50&fcTime=1479340800&regionName=ni

Edited by booferking
  • Like 1

Posted

Snow beginning to fall here now, although the ground is absolutely saturated!! The good thing is the showers are really heavy, if it begins to freeze betweend showers later on we could do quite well!

• Like 3

Posted

Here's the school run today, was very heavy just before this. could be fun later on!

Edited by Sperrin
  • Like 3

Posted
2 hours ago, sorepaw1 said:

One to Watch for you guys in Northern Ireland Monday night into Tuesday morning.  Wintery showers feeding in from the north a strong possibility .

I  see you have thundery Hail sleet and snow showers forecast for your area this afternoon and evening...

16112106_1706.gif

Cheers southpaw much appreciated