Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Getting ahead of myself here but the long range forecast on BBC tonight mentioned the possibility of the slider low mowing NW/SE early on Saturday. They tracked it running down the west coast of Ireland and mentioned that if enough cold air remained it could produce significant snow. 

The 18z highlights the risk, would be very marginal but the northern end of that band could produce some intense snowfall. Reminds me of March 2013 when the east of Ireland was cold enough for epic snowfall but the warmer uppers West led to mainly heavy rain.

gfs-2-156.png

gfs-1-156.png

Posted

I'm sure most have seen this but Steve M posted this on model thread, looks good for us up North now we're moving in closer to T0. 

Screenshot_20170107-224117.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow!
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow!
2 hours ago, Sperrin said:

Getting ahead of myself here but the long range forecast on BBC tonight mentioned the possibility of the slider low mowing NW/SE early on Saturday. They tracked it running down the west coast of Ireland and mentioned that if enough cold air remained it could produce significant snow. 

That's exactly what I was hoping to hear when I saw Saturdays output:cold-emoji:

Edited by jamesd
  • Like 1

Northern Ireland Met office-

Outlook for Tuesday to Thursday:

Showers on Tuesday, strong winds at times. Turning much colder during Wednesday and Thursday. Very windy with frequent wintry showers, significant snowfall in places and drifting over higher ground.

Updated at: 0240 on Sun 8 Jan 2017

• Like 4

Posted
5 hours ago, Longtimelurker said:

Northern Ireland Met office-

Outlook for Tuesday to Thursday:

Showers on Tuesday, strong winds at times. Turning much colder during Wednesday and Thursday. Very windy with frequent wintry showers, significant snowfall in places and drifting over higher ground.

Updated at: 0240 on Sun 8 Jan 2017

Fabulous update guys enjoy!

• Like 2

Posted
53 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

Now, where is that snow shovel....

Padlocked?

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, BREIFMAN11 said:

It looks as if its going to be a one day thing and warming up through Thursday night.

Really? Don't take everything you read in the Model Thread as Gospel. There will be more changes. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Hopefully heading to the dublin/wicklow hills on thursday,hoping to walk up to the highest point in the county of dublin,kippure summit 750m high. Should be nice and fresh up there on thursday.:D:cold::cold:

• Like 4

Posted
1 hour ago, BREIFMAN11 said:

It looks as if its going to be a one day thing and warming up through Thursday night.

Not according to the metoffice, brief warm up Thursday night then snow showers Friday and Saturday. In my location Saturdays down as the coldest day!

Posted
24 minutes ago, bobbarley said:

Not according to the metoffice, brief warm up Thursday night then snow showers Friday and Saturday. 

Have you a link please? This makes no sense to me.

Posted

Sorry Moutain should've added caveat in my location. No warm up generally, just using the discredited local apps in my location on the north coast wind direction makes all the difference and from the 6-15 day update "Friday and Saturday will see sunshine and snow showers across Britain most frequent and heavy across the North and northwest"

Posted
54 minutes ago, BREIFMAN11 said:

BBC (Aka MetOffice) Thursday updated showing more in the way of cloud than snow but its early stages ATM.

Wouldn't worry about that for now. Come Tuesday, the shorter term higher resolution models will be able to give more accurate projections then.

Posted
11 minutes ago, Longtimelurker said:

BBC weather for the week ahead mentioned Arctic air remaining in place for next weekend and then it looks like it will gradually turn milder after. 4 days of lying snow possible. I'm happy with that.

They change more often than the direction of the wind, even right up to the day itself. Wouldn't worry about that at the minute. 

Where you from?

Posted

That's the logs chopped up and the cage topped up!! 

Roll on Wednesday evening....just need to get lamp post set up in the front field 

• Like 5

Posted

Was thinking that myself Pom.....gfs still looks good from Wednesday afternoon/evening....haven't seen ecm but some chalk and cheese comments in mod thread

• Like 1