Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Starting to get a bit excited, although I made the classic error in mentioning to some of my family that we could see some of the white stuff by the end of next week!!

Hopefully the trend continues on the 18z!

• Like 2

Posted

Your right Mountain. I am completely lost reading the Model Thread this morning. How are we looking for next week after the over night runs? I take it things still looking ok?

Posted

Was going to comment on the same thing Mountain/Ronan usual Imbyism which is a shame as you have to wade through some rubbish to get an honest picture. I think we are still ok potentially wise for a couple of days ending next week, after that who cares!! 

Posted

Was going to comment on the same thing Mountain/Ronan usual Imbyism which is a shame as you have to wade through some rubbish to get an honest picture. I think we are still ok potentially wise for a couple of days ending next week, after that who cares!! 

Posted

Not a bad update from the Met Eireann

Monday night to Wednesday: Becoming mild again. Mostly cloudy, with occasional rain and drizzle, especially in Atlantic coastal areas, but there will be good dry spells also, with only relatively small amounts of rain in the midlands, east and south. Windy, with mostly moderate to fresh westerly winds, strong at times. 
On Wednesday, a band of more persistent rain will develop in Connacht and Ulster, spreading to other parts, but becoming more patchy. Clearer, much colder conditions will follow by Wednesday night, but with occasional showers, some turning to hail, sleet and snow, especially in the northern half of the country. 

Thursday to Saturday (inclusive): Early indications suggest that it will be very cold and windy, with a mix of bright or sunny spells and showers, some of the showers falling as hail, sleet and snow, especially in the northern half of the country, with a risk of thunder also. On Thursday, there is a risk of more persistent rain and sleet for a time, with hill snow, especially in the southern half of the country and there is a small risk of more persistent rain, sleet and snow moving in from the west and northwest later Friday. Frost will occur at night, especially in areas sheltered from the strong west to northwest winds.

• Like 4

Posted

To me the 06z looks better than the past couple of runs with the high not toppling in as quick. So as it stands we have a 3 day cold spell on the cards with plenty of snow showers especially Thursday into Friday?

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Just looks like a slushfest to me. The best we have been able to achieve these last few winters is pm air,surely we can do better. The wait for anything really proper goes on.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow

Yes the nw should get a fair number of snow showers and i will still watch with interest,it will should be the most intersting weather we have had so far this winter,probably wont see many showers myself. Still waiting for a proper arctic outbreak.........

• Like 1

Posted
12 minutes ago, ronan said:

To me the 06z looks better than the past couple of runs with the high not toppling in as quick. So as it stands we have a 3 day cold spell on the cards with plenty of snow showers especially Thursday into Friday?

Also the russian high is further North and slighty stronger helping more amplification in the Atlantic also helping a more of a nw-se axis.

Edited by booferking
  • Like 2

Posted
2 hours ago, ForeverPomeroysnow said:

Would love a proper artic outbreak for everyone on this wee Island, fingers crossed 

Time to move back up your mountain......

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/gcend6mqp#?fcTime=1484179200

• Like 1

Posted
34 minutes ago, ForeverPomeroysnow said:

:( wonder if they take in lowland refugees 

Not in these post Brexit days, no immigrants allowed.

• Like 1

Posted
21 minutes ago, ForeverPomeroysnow said:

Booferking being dense here but what does that mean, is that a good or a bad thing? 

Not at all the stronger the high in russia the more the trough can dig south on nw-se exis into europe.

The uk model is the one we want it spilits the vortex and gives us a nice clean North Westerly and gives a chance for more amplification later on.

UN144-21 (6).gif

gfsnh-0-144 (1).png

Edited by booferking
  • Like 2