Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
13 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

I'm not on board yet. Could easily just end of with a UK high, cold but no snow.

couldn't agree more. long way to go

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

The ensemble suite from the 6z shows a chance of snow from the 1st Jan through to the end! All to be taken with a pinch of salt at this stage, still excellent model watching. 

graphe3_1000___-7.3_54.6_Omagh.gif

• Like 4

Posted

ECM showing what I was worried about earlier. No decent heights into Greenland, energy over the top and the high sinks back to the UK and Ireland.

Still chasing the rainbow.

• Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

ECM showing what I was worried about earlier. No decent heights into Greenland, energy over the top and the high sinks back to the UK and Ireland.

Looks ok to me at 144hr what happens after that is up for debate lets see were it sits in its ens.:)

• Like 2

Posted
3 hours ago, mountain shadow said:

With the jet riding over the top, it's always a big risk, and I am absolutely with you, but it is just one run. Let's see what the 00z does at 7 when I rise tomorrow, before I write this off. There is definitely something in the pipeline, maybe just a toppler, but better than anything we've had so far! Let's get the ridge edging into Greenland and anything is possible after that. It's still all off in FI at the moment, so I'm not either too hopeful or too despondent! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

I used to have a £50 maplins weather station it was OK but it couldn't be connected to a pc. It used to drop out at times too but was mostly reliable. My wife bought me a new one for xmas which can. It's a generic brand she must have bought it from amazon it's only just set up I'll have to see how it is. So far it seems  grand.

Edited by gary1365

Posted
1 hour ago, mountain shadow said:

18z GFS follows ECM 12z. 

UK/Ireland high now pretty certain.

Yep. I was never sucked in. I will wait until it's 96 hrs ! Then I might get interested. 

Posted
58 minutes ago, Neiller22 said:

Yep. I was never sucked in. I will wait until it's 96 hrs ! Then I might get interested. 

The cross polar flows were never on the cards.

Posted

From a quick scan of the MOD thread there's potential for some interesting weather coming up through Jan. It'll be a change from what we have had this year anyway.

if anyone has any left over toys from Christmas they should donate to the MOD thread, quite a few have thrown there's out of reach

• Like 1

Posted
47 minutes ago, Weegaz said:

From a quick scan of the MOD thread there's potential for some interesting weather coming up through Jan. It'll be a change from what we have had this year anyway.

if anyone has any left over toys from Christmas they should donate to the MOD thread, quite a few have thrown there's out of reach

I have a few rattles which go with prams, anyway useful gaz??

Posted

I reckon we will have a few cracking runs coming up. Initial high topples then reload! What happens after well its anyones guess. I stayed away from the model thread today until the 12's. Pub run coming up so hopefully its a goodin!

• Like 6

Posted

Unfortunately not Ronan. There have been some fantastic model runs of late but none have made it into the reliable.

I have and continue to remain sceptical.

Posted

Yeah it was a bit crap but its called the pub run for a reason. There isn't any solid agreement at the minute but i am sticking to my guns, things will firm up soon enough. Just hope i don't end up with egg on my face but we shall see. 

Posted
Just now, ronan said:

Yeah it was a bit crap but its called the pub run for a reason. There isn't any solid agreement at the minute but i am sticking to my guns, things will firm up soon enough. Just hope i don't end up with egg on my face but we shall see. 

Ecm eps must be good because a lot are banging on about them me thinks upgrades by the morning or by the end of tomorrows runs.

So much for the met forecast tonight already a hard frost -1 shown on my weather station they were predicting 2 to 4c

• Like 2

Posted

No upgrades this morning Ronan, the opposite in fact with hints of the Euro slug.

We will have proper cold air to start the New Year but pressure will be to high to allow for much in the way of snow.

Posted

Some just don't like hearing the truth in the MOD thread today either MS, some people had posts deleted after I reported them accusing you of guesswork and not using science. After I commented they just deleted my posts!!! Ah well, sometimes the truth hurts! 

Back to tonight's ECM, the glorious 240 chart! Wouldn't be confident at all of that, as easy on the eye as it is, but the blocks to put it in place start at 168 or a little before. We'll see in about 48 hours if it's likely or not!