Ireland Regional Weather Discussion

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Victims of the 2017 Snow Blizzard Speak Out Some harrowing tales are emerging across the country this morning as the victims of the 2017 snow storm share their stories.  The whole of Norther

Just saw total accumulation maps (for next 48hrs) from latest euro4 model. Think I peed myself a little!

Guys - good luck with the snow potential over the next few days  cameras at the ready!

Posted Images

I really think we are on the verge of something cold and snowy by the second week in January! Big high centered over us followed by a potent Northerly then maybe an easterly setting in. Some great charts this evening. 

• Like 2

@boofer

Thats a cracker you just posted in the Model Thread. If this trend continues then we could be in for a treat come January and most likely earlier that previously thought! If we can get the initial northerly and snow on the ground then am all up for an Easterly after that. Lol

Edit....CROSS MODEL AGREEMENT ON CURRENT OUTPUT??

GFSOPEU18_228_1.png.441e2879bfed265681060b690b50ced3.png

Edited by ronan
  • Like 3
13 minutes ago, ronan said:

@boofer

Thats a cracker you just posted in the Model Thread. If this trend continues then we could be in for a treat come January and most likely earlier that previously thought! If we can get the initial northerly and snow on the ground then am all up for an Easterly after that. Lol

Edit....CROSS MODEL AGREEMENT ON CURRENT OUTPUT??

GFSOPEU18_228_1.png.441e2879bfed265681060b690b50ced3.png

lol she really turned into a cracker that run we just need to keep the ball rolling in the right direction and then boom.:santa-emoji:

Edited by booferking
  • Like 2
18 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

Im not buying it. It goes against all the background evidence which should show the opposite, such as strengthening PV, weak MJO and negative angular momentum.

We shall see soon enough.

Neither am I for what it's worth, although weak MJO does not support it, certainly wouldn't hinder it! It could be just the weather doing the opposite of what we think it will... just like the start of this month!

It is probably too good to be true given the background set up but maybe we could possibly get  a toppler out of it which would  be better then nothing. Still though it will be interesting to see what the models say tomorrow.

p.s if you see in the morning that ido is the last poster on the mod thread that wont be good news :fool:

Edited by sundog
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, sundog said:

It is probably too good to be true given the background set up but maybe we could possibly get  a toppler out of it which would  be better then nothing. Still though it will be interesting to see what the models say tomorrow.

p.s if you see in the morning that ido is the last poster on the mod thread that wont be good news :fool:

Now I do have a raging hangover and maybe reading things that aren't there but IDO seemed to post a positive comment about prospective cold signals, nahhhhhh I must be drunk still! 

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

Wet and windy already, awful morning for travelling to work.

The ECM is not on board with the GFS full blown Greenland height scenarios. I think a brief amplification is likely but nothing prolonged.

I get the vibe this winter is beginnng to grate on you MS! For me it will just be a constant chase but hope I'm wrong of course.  Today is brutal at the mo! 

We absolutely do want a Greenland High as we are more likely to get a sustained Northerly that way which is snow nirvana for us in the North. Think back to December 2010 where we have three solid days of heavy and prolonged snow shower. I think I got over a two feet of snow.

• Like 1