Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
15 minutes ago, Aliaalu said:

I love snow, but love it even more on days I'm not working!  I have to drive for my job and home visits need to be made.... but I'm rubbish at driving in snow/ice :cold::cold::cold:.  Half of me wants a big heap of snow but other half is wetting myself LOL.

You would have yellow snow then if you done that. Lol

art-yellow-snow.jpg

Posted

Now I may be wrong, but in this recent run the low has moved alittle south, needs a bit more tho.

Recent run on left. 

snow.png

Edited by jello

Posted
1 minute ago, jello said:

Now I may be wrong, but in this recent run the low has moved alittle south, needs a bit more tho.

Recent run on left. 

snow.png

Def has moved south. Hopefully it keeps doing this and still plenty of off time for it to correct further south. 

2 hours ago, BREIFMAN11 said:

Just to give you a picture of how poor automated are Derry shows sleet for most of the day and a lot of Derry is higher than sea level though I'm just an odd one out me

Just changed again snow4all

Edited by Guest

Posted
11 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

Much further South.

Need another 100 miles South to keep Ulster in the cold air.

I think we have a good chance of this happening now. Certainly much better chance than last night! Keep praying guys. 

Posted

Have to say i was starting to feel all excited on Friday evening with all the chat in here but then by sat evening its was bugger this. I do feel we do rely on computer models to much as when i said to the ole man yesterday that it was giving snow, his reply was that it didn't look/feel like snow, and in a way he is right. Usually it would dry up before a good snow fall but this doesn't seem to happen now. We are just getting this wet mush that will last a day and thats it....gone. Hope to see a good fall of snow tomorrow but it will be short lived i doubt i will even get a snowman built with the kids :( 

Posted
1 minute ago, somofagun said:

Have to say i was starting to feel all excited on Friday evening with all the chat in here but then by sat evening its was bugger this. I do feel we do rely on computer models to much as when i said to the ole man yesterday that it was giving snow, his reply was that it didn't look/feel like snow, and in a way he is right. Usually it would dry up before a good snow fall but this doesn't seem to happen now. We are just getting this wet mush that will last a day and thats it....gone. Hope to see a good fall of snow tomorrow but it will be short lived i doubt i will even get a snowman built with the kids :( 

Unfortunately that’s our climate now. But tomorrow should be good even if only briefly but don’t discount weds night just yet! 

Posted

plenty of green spots showing up already on the radar . temp was 4c at 9am so not a bad start point. should fall away through the day and by dark we could be in business. should be busy on here for a few days guys! good luck with it.

Looks amazing for tomorrow people  It may be wet on the ground but its going to get colder quite nicely today good temperature of 4C this morning

:cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Wouldn't worry about the wet ground, dew points are going to be very favourable so snow will settle readily, especially in the heavy showers. The BBC forecast this morning looks epic tomorrow, have rarely seen such intense and widespread showers predicted. All of Ireland should see something decent.

Fingers crossed that low swings in a bit further south, however, I feel it's getting too late for this to give us snow.

Posted

METO warning updated

There may also be more than 15 cm over the hills of Northern Ireland, especially in the north. At low levels throughout the warning area, 2-8 cm will be more typical, with some places seeing very little

• Like 2

Posted
9 minutes ago, Sperrin said:

Wouldn't worry about the wet ground, dew points are going to be very favourable so snow will settle readily, especially in the heavy showers. The BBC forecast this morning looks epic tomorrow, have rarely seen such intense and widespread showers predicted. All of Ireland should see something decent.

Fingers crossed that low swings in a bit further south, however, I feel it's getting too late for this to give us snow.

The predicted storm is over two days away. Plenty of time for it to go further south. The blizzard last week on the east coast of USA shifted 75 miles west two hrs before storm hit. This is far from a done deal yet!  Of course it could shift north but I think and expect any further shifting will be on a southerly motion. 

Edited by Neiller22

Posted

On a slightly less scientific view in things it's drying up for a snow.

noticed a few fields where the sheep were gathering up and heading to the hedges.

Good luck folks. I got a feeling.

Baltic out.

Posted

If u look at Scotland’s snow warning for weds night and thurs it really would not take much more of a shift southwards for us to also be included in this warning ! I reckon we still have a fair chance of being included in this nearer the time. 

Edited by Neiller22

Posted

We have alittle whiteness in the shower in Antrim :D  Sleety. so off to a good start lol

Posted
23 minutes ago, Neiller22 said:

If u look at Scotland’s snow warning for weds night and thurs it really would not take much more of a shift southwards for us to also be included in this warning ! I reckon we still have a fair chance of being included in this nearer the time. 

Yes, wouldn't need to shift South much at all. The triple point is moving just North of Ulster, a 50 or 60 mile shift South could do it.

• Like 1

Posted

Love this bit just before the event, in my head 3 feet of snow will fall but in reality some will be lucky (Pom, sperrin, MS, boofer, etc) others not so lucky (ahem Rochey) but let’s all enjoy the lamppost watching!:cold: