Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted

Think we are in for something special from Monday onwards. The 12z's are in the verge of being epic. What happens after the initial cold shot is very interesting. We could have snow on the ground for quite a while! :cold::cold:

• Like 1

Posted

I notice wee snow symbols starting to appear on the automated forecasts.  Take them with a pinch of salt but another good sign.

I would imagine the Glenshane pass will be interesting next with strong gale force winds driving heavy snow down the pass.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Check out the GFS ens now!! This could be a pretty memorable event next week. 

Look at All those 100%s!!

IMG_0192.GIF

Edited by Sperrin
  • Like 3

Posted

Granted I haven’t been an avade follower of weather to the nature I am now and still enjoy learning but I haven’t (in the 5 years since taking an interest) seen such interesting charts in terms of snow potential.

What possible upgrades could we see?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow
12 minutes ago, Weegaz said:

Granted I haven’t been an avade follower of weather to the nature I am now and still enjoy learning but I haven’t (in the 5 years since taking an interest) seen such interesting charts in terms of snow potential.

IMG_0193.JPG

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
14 minutes ago, Weegaz said:

Polar lows can form out of nowhere that's one to watch with this unstable flow you never know.

500pha are very cold.

Screenshot_20180111-201458.png

• Like 2

Posted

I am not letting myself get sucked in by this. Yes, you lot up above will do well by the looks of things, but the God-damned Dublin snow shield is a strong bugger! It's at best marginal for us. I do however hold some hope. 

Edited by Rocheydub
Mistake
  • Thanks 1

Posted
44 minutes ago, ronan said:

So before the 18's roll out check out this cracking forecast for the week ahead. If people can't get excited about this upcoming cold spell now then I dunno. Lol. No real end in sight either.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/features/42657127

Boom:)

• Like 1

Posted

Well after todays runs and latest video forecasts I think we can safely say this is in the bag. Each run today across all models has been rock solid. Still a few days to go yet but I am certainly looking forward to this.

2 minutes ago, ronan said:

Well after todays runs and latest video forecasts I think we can safely say this is in the bag. Each run today across all models has been rock solid. Still a few days to go yet but I am certainly looking forward to this.

The consistency alone is enough :yahoo:

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
1 hour ago, Rocheydub said:

I am not letting myself get sucked in by this. Yes, you lot up above will do well by the looks of things, but the God-damned Dublin snow shield is a strong bugger! It's at best marginal for us. I do however hold some hope. 

Not getting my hopes up too much either. Needs to be an extra special pm flow to deliver for me. Think the only time a pm flow really delivered for me (and living in Dublin at the time, originally from there) was as a kid back in Jan 84. This upcoming pm flow does certainly look to have bite to it but I won't be holding my breath. Probably a snowfest for up north.

Posted

Slowly wording changing day by day met Eireann below. 

EARLY NEXT WEEK: Becoming increasingly blustery and showery; showers turning wintry later Monday into Tuesday with falls of sleet and snow increasingly more likely. The focus of the wintry showers will be across the north and west with some accumulations likely - but all areas will be at risk with some thunder occurring locally too. Much colder, with maxima of only 3 to 6 degrees Celsius (north to south). Feeling even colder with an added wind chill effect. Frost and ice also, mainly for sheltered areas owing to sustained brisk winds.