Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion

Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
  • Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Victims of the 2017 Snow Blizzard Speak Out Some harrowing tales are emerging across the country this morning as the victims of the 2017 snow storm share their stories.  The whole of Norther

Just saw total accumulation maps (for next 48hrs) from latest euro4 model. Think I peed myself a little!

Guys - good luck with the snow potential over the next few days  cameras at the ready!

Posted Images

Posted
    8 minutes ago, booferking said:

Friday night early Saturday morning snow potential as front moves down from north uppers cold enough and dew points as cold air overtakes front one to watch.

Is that this week? I’m hoping our hockey match at 7 on Friday is cancelled due to frozen pitch as it’s my sisters birthday dinner lol ?

Posted
    11 minutes ago, snowydog said:

Is that this week? I’m hoping our hockey match at 7 on Friday is cancelled due to frozen pitch as it’s my sisters birthday dinner lol ?

Yea but match is a bit early as snow potential later small amounts likely if it even does turn to snow.

Posted
    7 minutes ago, booferking said:

Yea but match is a bit early as snow potential later small amounts likely if it even does turn to snow.

What about temperatures? ?? Wishful thinking on my part lol

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
    1 hour ago, booferking said:

Friday night early Saturday morning snow potential as front moves down from north uppers cold enough and dew points as cold air overtakes front one to watch.

One to watch alright, especially up north. Have my eye on that.  Will be watching the temp and radar lot later Fri night.

12 minutes ago, booferking said:

Sleet falling here this morning also don't go near model thread as it happened.

Uh oh I know what that means :sorry:Better take the violin with me ...

Posted

GFS still showing potential for us over this side of the pond next weekend.

Still along way off but IMO the GFS has been good at its predictions of snow events so far this winter.

Posted

Yes the predicted meltdown is gathering pace. On the flip side it looks a lot better for us going forward. 

• Like 1
    7 hours ago, Neiller22 said:

Yes the predicted meltdown is gathering pace. On the flip side it looks a lot better for us going forward. 

I don't know Neiller looks like the morning crash seems to have been averted. Its either that or they have acclimatized to what is happening.

Posted
    1 hour ago, BREIFMAN11 said:

I don't know Neiller looks like the morning crash seems to have been averted. Its either that or they have acclimatized to what is happening.

Think reality is setting in that they are not getting there “beasterly” on current output. 

Posted

There are so many fools in there posting it’s impossible to follow. If they don’t have a clue about models they shouldn’t post, just talk rubbish in the regionals.... like me:cc_confused:

Posted
    35 minutes ago, bobbarley said:

There are so many fools in there posting it’s impossible to follow. If they don’t have a clue about models they shouldn’t post, just talk rubbish in the regionals.... like me:cc_confused:

It’s comical now. I just go in there to cheer myself up to be honest. Once again they all got suckered in by the yearly phantom easterly which basically never materialises and now it’s complete meltdown. Literally models really should not be taken seriously post day 3-4 and eventhsts a push, however the entertainment in the model thread after that is brilliant. Reality is we live in a climate that sucks for prolonged cold spells. 

Posted
    38 minutes ago, Neiller22 said:

Reality is we live in a climate that sucks for prolonged cold spells. 

Absolutely. That's why I wasn't suckered in by this promise of the E/NE winds bringing cold and snow... A weak easterly is still possible this weekend, but nowt to wrote home about.

1 hour ago, booferking said:

Back to watching tv series for a while the ship has sailed for the phantom easterly awaiting to after 240hr for some cold zonal which nearly always guarantees here.

As Neiller said, its a bit comical but I myself unfortunately did jump on the bandwagon slightly. I can't say much because even with the set up 2 days ago we wouldn't have gotten much lmao, bring on PM!:yahoo::cold:

Posted

To be fair the Met Office and ther MOGREPS model was on board too.

Ah well, back to real life for a bit.

• Like 1
    10 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

To be fair the Met Office and ther MOGREPS model was on board too.

Ah well, back to real life for a bit.

It had all the euros fooled :rofl:

Posted
    16 minutes ago, ForeverPomeroysnow said:

Och no is the easterly not happening?? Shame that :(

Don't worry, it will be back on tomorrow.