Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion

11 minutes ago, Sperrin said:

I'm sitting at -1.9°C with a dew point of -3.8°C, it'll definitely start as snow, all depends on how long conditions remain favourable for duration.

Some of the guys over on the NW ENGLAND forum posting interesting images of lows sliding in over next 48hrs. Looks to be some great potential on those for large parts of Ireland!

I’m sitting in Belfast with a pint of Guinness, a white head with a dark bottom.....definitely hangover conditions tomorrow.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Victims of the 2017 Snow Blizzard Speak Out Some harrowing tales are emerging across the country this morning as the victims of the 2017 snow storm share their stories.  The whole of Norther

Just saw total accumulation maps (for next 48hrs) from latest euro4 model. Think I peed myself a little!

Guys - good luck with the snow potential over the next few days  cameras at the ready!

Posted Images

1 minute ago, ronan said:

Incoming! I was hoping for an early night. Lol

Screenshot_2017-12-29-00-49-51.png

Always the way, lamp post watching takes priority over sleep and sanity! Atleast this time we aren't painfully missing the slider :cold: 

Just now, BREIFMAN11 said:

Always the way, lamp post watching takes priority over sleep and sanity! Atleast this time we aren't painfully missing the slider :cold: 

I hate the word Slider. Lol

Every slider that hits is a no go for here. Even tonight we should see some snow but very short lived as usual yet Central England under an Amber warning for 15 cms of snow. Only upside is they will be near double figure temps soon after. 

1 minute ago, ronan said:

Every slider that hits is a no go for here. Even tonight we should see some snow but very short lived as usual yet Central England under an Amber warning for 15 cms of snow. Only upside is they will be near double figure temps soon after. 

Ah ok, so was my understanding wrong that a slider is a front that moves in horizontally giving a longer spell of precipitation but covers less area compared to the usual?

12 minutes ago, ronan said:

I was thinking that the English had it rough these few years so they deserve some snow for once but this is the final straw. If I don't see anything meaningful and if the pastures stay green that kindness is out for jealousy and resentment. We should always be doing well in a NWly ?