Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted

Well guys and girls its that time of the year again any hopes are early winter predictions , for me it would be nice to get a nice sustained cold blast lasting say a week with snow on the ground. If we got 2 or 3 of them this year i would be more than overjoyed.:D

Edited by booferking

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

The showers tonight are more wintery than I expected. There's definitely some sleat mixed in the rain and there was a very heavy shower that turned the ground white with hail.

Posted

Signs of a much colder mid to end of the month creeping into the model output. If we can get some decent cold pooling over Scandinavia then any North Easterly, Easterly will be bitter.

Posted
8 hours ago, mountain shadow said:

Signs of a much colder mid to end of the month creeping into the model output. If we can get some decent cold pooling over Scandinavia then any North Easterly, Easterly will be bitter.

If it doesn’t snow it will be your fault for jinxing it MS!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: continental climate

According to NRA Ireland N81 Baltinglass is at -3.9c,that is where I reside nearby,usually the coldest place in Ireland,heh

Posted

lovely white frost this morn. first of the season . looks like a decent northerly for saturday and sunday.

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

First proper frost here this morning too,also my first airfrost, -0.3c. Slight but my earliest airfrost since 2010.

Posted

Landmark day for Irish weather geeks today with the retirement of Gerald Fleming from Met Eireann. Best wishes to him

• Like 2

Posted

Bit of excitment in the model thread this evening. For me it's too early to get excited due to the way the models have been performing lately. If these outputs are still showing Tuesday/Wednesday then i'll be happy. 

Posted
51 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

Could just be the usual ECM over amplifying things. Will wait a couple of days before I get interested. 

Its getting into reliable time frame soon for days 4-5 on ECM,  UKMO similar only the low on esb acts differently days 5 & 6 but not far away from ECM time will tell.:)

Posted
10 minutes ago, ForeverPomeroysnow said:

Ahem I think you mean don't tell your family until we are buried under 10ft of the white stuff Rochey!! 

I hear Pomeroy is due 10ft by next weekend. Lol. You may start packing your stuff and move back. 

• Like 1

Posted

Met Eireann update looks like building blocks towards weekend first mention of wintry weather hopefully that changes to just snow.:)

Wednesday: Further cloudy, misty weather, with some further heavy rain in places, especially over eastern and southern areas. Cold in the west and north of the country, with highs of 7 to 9 C., but values 11 to 13 C., elsewhere. Moderate cyclonic variable winds. Cold overnight, with some rain or sleet for a time, but drier later. Lowest temperatures plus 2 to -1 C., with some icy roads. 

Thursday and Friday: Cold both days, with occasional showers, some possibly wintry on high ground. But some bright or short sunny spells also. Highs of 4 to 8 C., best over south Munster and south Leinster. Cold and frosty after dark, with some icy roads. Scattered showers also, some wintry in the west and north of the country

Screenshot_20171120-001121.png

Edited by booferking
  • Like 1

Posted

MetO picking up signals too perhaps?

Outlook for Wednesday to Friday:

Rather unsettled with outbreaks of rain or showers and gradually turning colder with showers turning wintry on Friday. Best of any brighter drier interludes on Wednesday morning and Thursday afternoon.