IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow!
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow!
On 2/13/2017 at 08:46, Rocheydub said:

Svalbard!

I allways fancied moving to somewhere close to Yellowstone! Maybe some day :) isn't Svalbard where the program Fortitude is based? Maybe you will change your mind if you seen it :rofl:

Screenshot_20170301-005644.png

Weather Advisory for Ireland

Cold and very unsettled weather will continue right over the weekend.
There will periods of heavy rain, with some severe downpours at times, especially in southwestern, western and northwestern counties with spot flooding. Some falls of sleet and snow at times there also.

Tonight

Further heavy rain at times overnight, especially in western and northern counties, with falls of sleet or snow also in parts of the north and northwest. 

Friday: 
A cold, cloudy day, with further heavy rain in all areas at times during the day, but drier in some places for a while in the morning. There will be some heavy downpours especially in parts of the west and northwest with local flooding and some snow here also with accumulations on higher ground. 
Afternoon temperatures ranging from 2 to 4 degrees in parts of the west to 8 or 9 degrees in the southeast and the winds moderate variable, fresh in coastal areas.

Posted

Dare we start to believe again! Period from 11th -18th may be of some interest to folk on here! :nea:

Posted

How's things folks. Sooooooooo quiet in here the past while. Just back from Iceland and finally got my snow fix. Lol. 52cms fell the day before we arrived and it was brilliant. Would be nice to see at least a bit of snow here before Spring arrives proper. In saying that i thing it has already arrived. Very mild the past few days!! Just for eye candy and probably another long garden path!! Lol

Edit.... Not sure why pics aren't attaching properly.

prectypeuktopo (1).webp

prectypeuktopo (2).webp

prectypeuktopo (3).webp

prectypeuktopo (4).webp

Edited by ronan
  • Like 1

Posted

Nice to see some snow in the forecast. I finally got my snow fix in Iceland 2 weeks ago. Arrived the day after the record 52cm snowfall in Reykjavik. It was brilliant and caught the Northern Lights 6 out of our 7 nights. 

20170305_152051.jpg

FB_IMG_1489960257231.jpg

FB_IMG_1489960278891.jpg

FB_IMG_1489960268338.jpg

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms
12 minutes ago, ronan said:

Nice to see some snow in the forecast. I finally got my snow fix in Iceland 2 weeks ago. Arrived the day after the record 52cm snowfall in Reykjavik. It was brilliant and caught the Northern Lights 6 out of our 7 nights. 

20170305_152051.jpg

FB_IMG_1489960257231.jpg

FB_IMG_1489960278891.jpg

FB_IMG_1489960268338.jpg

Stunning Ronan. 

Would love to visit such a beautiful Country now on my wish list.

C.S. 

Posted

Thanks Cheshire. It was a trip of a lifetime and my second trip in the past year. After the big snowfall the day before we arrived it was wall to wall sunshine for the whole week and it rained on the day we went home. Have to say but, it's an expensive holiday so get saving. Lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms
13 minutes ago, ronan said:

Thanks Cheshire. It was a trip of a lifetime and my second trip in the past year. After the big snowfall the day before we arrived it was wall to wall sunshine for the whole week and it rained on the day we went home. Have to say but, it's an expensive holiday so get saving. Lol

My favourite picture is the fourth one.Did you take the pictures,if so congratulations 

They are absolutely stunning 

C.S. 

• Like 1

A bright and sunny morning with just a few passing showers. Cloud will increase in the afternoon with the showers becoming more frequent and turning to snow over high ground. Maximum Temperature 9C.

Tonight:

Showers will continue to feed in from the west through the evening and overnight, soon turning to sleet or snow at low levels, with a risk of icy patches. Minimum Temperature -1C.

Tuesday:

A cold day with scattered sleet or snow showers. These will become increasingly confined to the west in the afternoon, and largely dying out in the evening. Maximum Temperature 7C.

Updated: 03:21 on Mon 20 Mar 2017 GMT

Posted

MET OFFICE YELLOW WARNING FOR SNOW AND ICE

Showers on Monday evening, overnight and into Tuesday morning will fall increasingly as snow and hail, with accumulations mainly on hills but locally to lower levels too. Ice is also likely to form on untreated surfaces, whilst lightning may be an additional hazard. This may lead to some transport disruption and difficult driving conditions.

Air of Arctic origin will bring frequent wintry showers across the area. 1 to 3 cm snowfall is likely across many areas above 100-200 m away from west-facing coasts whilst 5 cm or more is likely to settle above around 300 m. Showers will continue through Tuesday, though lying snow is expected to melt below 300 m or so.

Posted
7 hours ago, Longtimelurker said:

Nice Ronan. Shame you missed the snow falling by one day. Looks great always wanted to visit. 

To be honest i am glad we missed it as we wouldn't have got travelling anywhere as the whole south west was shut down. In saying that they are amazing at clearing the roads over there!