Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted

Great to see some early snow in Mid November. Hopefully I can join I the fun sometime over the next few days, just rain in Belfast City Centre.

After the Northerly is cut off mid next week, we should see a period of quieter weather as high pressure centres around GB & I.

After that, I hope for the mother of all retrogressions of the high up to Greenland with proper December 2010 type Northerlies followed by Easterlies from deepest darkest Russia!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
1 hour ago, mountain shadow said:

Great to see some early snow in Mid November. Hopefully I can join I the fun sometime over the next few days, just rain in Belfast City Centre.

After the Northerly is cut off mid next week, we should see a period of quieter weather as high pressure centres around GB & I.

After that, I hope for the mother of all retrogressions of the high up to Greenland with proper December 2010 type Northerlies followed by Easterlies from deepest darkest Russia!

A hp spell would be perfect next week ,hopefully plenty of frost ,the ground would be nicely primed for any possible fun and games post the hp.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow
2 hours ago, ronan said:

Nice one Sperrin. Is there no way you can hide your posts from Pom. Poor fella must be fuming. :rofl::rofl:

Haha I'm taking my wee lad to a party in Beragh tomorrow. If we've any snow I'll fire a few shovel fulls in the boot and throw it round your garden, Pom.

• Like 2

Posted
14 hours ago, Abyss said:

From 6pm Thursday until 9am Friday the met office automated fc shows Snow falling for every hour at Omagh with the temp at 1c throughout. Now I know take these with a pinch of salt but I must admit its usually very accurate. Especially when its showing snow over a widespread time frame.

Guess there will be a Yellow snow warning in the morning stating accumulations above 100-150m and some slushy deposits  possible to lower levels at times.

Met office warning for NI-Additionally, 1-3 cm of snow may accumulate on hills above around 100-200 m and more than 6 cm above 400 m. Some of the heaviest showers could produce slushy conditions even at low levels.

Met Eireann-Tonight

Cold tonight with further wintry showers, heaviest and most frequent in the west and north with isolated thunderstorms. Some snow showers also, mainly but not exclusively on higher ground.

• Like 1

Posted

Yes, first snow of the season (Autumn I know) this morning about 9.30 to 10:15 am, driving from N2 and onto M50 and all the way South County Dublin. The car temp reading was 1.5 C. It didn't settle on the grass (so very marginal anyway and still a fair bit of warmth in the ground), but did stick to the odd tree and on the hood of the car a little. Very impressive to see snow mid November in this area, near sea level and very heavy. If things stay as they are with this unusual northern hemisphere setup we should be lucky all of us into first half of winter proper. North Westerly's are about the best for us in terms of snow depth and I'd not be surprised to see a few lows sliding down from that direction over the coming weeks.

I see GP mention possible +ve HP anomalies into Barents sea or Scandi area into December if the +Ve Greenland block moves west, so we can have a dose of that too for good measure.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

Snowing here the last half hour or so and trying to lie. There'll be plenty of lamp post watching tonight.

Posted

Hefty streamer moving east through south ulster at the minute, should hit me in about 20/30 minutes, getting really cold out now! looking forward to tonight!!

Screenshot_20161117-164058.png

Posted

Just had my first snow shower of the season. Models looking great on the 12z. Hopefully ECM follows suit. No matter what, with all this blocking about i really do think that we are going to have a cracking winter.

• Like 2

Posted

Back to rain here but cars and grass are white.

Edited by gary1365
  • Like 1

Posted

Nothing here, moving this year but it usually snows out by the time it reaches here!! 

Its baltic, enjoyed getting into the house this evening with stove already lit

• Like 1

Posted

Should be hitting you any minute now, Pomeroy. Been snowing roughly here for last 20 mins and lying well on cars and grass. Although my brother saI'd it's only cold rain in Omagh!

• Like 1

Posted

I might take a drive up the mountain after I drop the wife at work.

Edited by gary1365

Posted

Coming down great here now!

• Like 5