Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
1 hour ago, Pomeroysnow said:

which reminds me how do you update your profile as I am no longer up in the hills :(

If you click on your picture on the left hand side of your posts it will take you into your profile and there is an option Edit Profile

Posted

Not sure if you guys voted for Brexit or not, but I was shocked that was passed.. But not as shocked as Trump.

Forget about the MOD thread, we'll have a nuclear winter soon enough!

Posted
1 hour ago, Rocheydub said:

Not sure if you guys voted for Brexit or not, but I was shocked that was passed.. But not as shocked as Trump.

Forget about the MOD thread, we'll have a nuclear winter soon enough!

Lol Rochey, am sure he will calm down now that he is in....

Posted

Yeah Pom there was a nice frost this morning. I was out photographing the Northern Lights last night and i was froze to the bone. Looking ahead things are looking real good!! Models have been consistant and it is looking like the first attack will be from the north west. Nice to see Fergie , GP etc all posting on a daily basis. Exciting times ahead. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Great shots, Ronan. To get the northern lights do you have to do a long exposure or is that a straight up shot without any fancy techniques?

Looks like we're in one of the better spots for this PM blast late next week. We've done really well out of these setups over the past few years.

Edited by Sperrin
  • Like 1

Posted

Just to follow those charts the BBC weather app (taken with a lorry load of salt) showing my first snow symbols of the season. My altitude tends to give us the white stuff and it could be cold rain in Omagh down the road. Hopefully the charts ramp up the cold as the week progresses. That low out of Iceland has been on my horizon since Thursday past so great to see it still there as we move closer to +0hrs. 

Interesting reading on model thread as the FI charts start to sniff out the signals that Fergie had mentioned last week. 

Screenshot_20161113-131712.png

Edited by Sperrin
  • Like 1

Posted
On 12/11/2016 at 14:34, Sperrin said:

Great shots, Ronan. To get the northern lights do you have to do a long exposure or is that a straight up shot without any fancy techniques?

Looks like we're in one of the better spots for this PM blast late next week. We've done really well out of these setups over the past few years.

Cheers Sperrin. Yeah a long exposure for the northern lights. Anything from 10 seconds up to 30 seconds. Just depend how strong the show is to. There is loads online to explain how to capture the lights.

• Like 1

Posted

GFS ensembles sorrowing a decent chance for snow at the end of the week. Used Omagh as the location for this forecast.  

graphe3_1000___-7.3_54.6_Omagh.gif

Posted

As previously discussed the potent Northerly will arrive with snow for some over high ground (sorry Pom!).

Then some models bringing in a cut off Greenland high with 2010 synoptics starting to show its hand.

And given the continued weakened PV, the whole of December could be pretty special.

• Like 2

Posted

Stole this from the model thread, looks like we all stand a good chance of seeing a bit of snow on Thursday. 

uksnowrisk.thumb.png.c5567f47187c456ab794e37695f4ec85.png

• Like 3