Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
2 minutes ago, Rocheydub said:

So I reckon I have a 95% chance of seeing snow fall, and a 50% chance of some lying snow over here. If the 850s keep dropping like they have in recent runs, then those percentage will rise! Optimism is at an 8 year high, that in itself is a nice fuzzy warm feeling...

Rochey I really hope the Dublin snow shield is destroyed and yous get plastered!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Models looking good! Getting to work will be good craic if things materialise. Just hope for purely selfish reasons it won't be too bad next Saturday as it's my birthday and having a bit of a party :D  

Posted
5 hours ago, Juuyoku said:

it won't be too bad next Saturday as it's my birthday and having a bit of a party :D  

Mine to Juuyoku, heading to Donegal for the weekend so hoping we make it

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
1 minute ago, ForeverPomeroysnow said:

Ouch!!! gens-6-1-126.png&key=90252c95da7d7df3c15

Just posted that in MOD thread. Absolutely catastrophic if that came off. Would cause billions of pounds worth of damage across N Ireland and parts of Scotland. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
Just now, ForeverPomeroysnow said:

Not one I would like to see verify CC!!

The issue is, somewhere getting hit with hurricane force winds is a possibility due to the set up. Look at the pressure gradient between the Azores and Iceland!

We'll have dodged a bullet if the UK manages to avoid such a system altogether. I love my storms etc but this has the potential to be nastier than usual.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow
5 hours ago, Steve Murr said:

@Sperrin

get your Skis out

Haha Steve, looking very good! Even lower levels should see great action too. Must pop over to mid thread now to check out the position of those systems later in the week.

@ForeverPomeroysnow, do you remember there used to be ski and sports in town? That could have been handy next week!

Posted
37 minutes ago, Sperrin said:

Haha Steve, looking very good! Even lower levels should see great action too. Must pop over to mid thread now to check out the position of those systems later in the week.

@ForeverPomeroysnow, do you remember there used to be ski and sports in town? That could have been handy next week!

For sure Sperrin maybe we could look at setting up first Irish Ski centres for Loughmacrory and Pomeroy, would be a good week to move back home?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Grand job, we'll get down to PRO hire and get a bulldozer. How many runs can we get sorted by Monday evening? :D

Edited by Sperrin

Posted

Sorry to be the stick in the mud but with temps above freezing it’s going to be very slushy so not that pleasant, unless I’m missing something!

Posted
1 minute ago, bobbarley said:

Sorry to be the stick in the mud but with temps above freezing it’s going to be very slushy so not that pleasant, unless I’m missing something!

For some it might be slushy but not for all, 

A great update from the Met, wind, snow, lightning...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Met Eireann going for that runner further South hope there right.

WEDNESDAY NIGHT: Winds many ease a bit but there will be further wintry showers in the west and north and there could be some more prolonged rain or snow for a time overnight Wednesday in some midland and southern counties. 

Posted

Charts still looking good for next week, metO slowly slowly coming on board.

Don’t know what to make of the storm Wednesday, could bring some milder air in? Looks lively also with high wind gusts

15 minutes ago, Weegaz said:

Charts still looking good for next week, metO slowly slowly coming on board.

Don’t know what to make of the storm Wednesday, could bring some milder air in? Looks lively also with high wind gusts

Don't know yet its presumed it will weaken as charts go on and track further south which is better for us or it will continue on its track, do some damage and the colder air will come quickly behind it again wrapped up in the strong winds

Posted

Really imortarnt run coming up this afternoon regarding finer details. Hopefully the storm modelled this morning is watered down as it would be very nasty. With charts like this there should be a few very happy people in here! 

4418CBB9-42A5-4818-8260-E0DCF6E46C66.thumb.gif.4aaeb37991c95b34d7bf1475ca012f1a.gif

• Like 1