Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted

With the MetO already issusing us with Yellow warning for Snow Monday into Tueday i'm up to about 9.5 on the excitement level.

Where are the rest of you at? :yahoo:

Looks like potential for some heavy falls across the country at present, runs seem to get slightly better each time.

Precipitation amounts look to be good?

• Like 2

Posted
6 minutes ago, Weegaz said:

With the MetO already issusing us with Yellow warning for Snow Monday into Tueday i'm up to about 9.5 on the excitement level.

Where are the rest of you at? :yahoo:

Looks like potential for some heavy falls across the country at present, runs seem to get slightly better each time.

Precipitation amounts look to be good?

Well the warming only covers North Antrim, Derry, Tyrone and Fermanagh, so I'm back to 7/10.

Posted
3 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

Well the warming only covers North Antrim, Derry, Tyrone and Fermanagh, so I'm back to 7/10.

Plently of time for further changes to warnings as you well know MS, but MetO I think have done quite well this year with warnings.

The MetO warning is out! However I don't see the snow stopping on Tuesday lmao looking at these charts the showers continue and with that shortwave it could be some really heavy snow for the entirety of Ireland on Wednesday if it pulls off

Posted

Can anyone say if there's a chance of it being too mild in the west for it to snow? (Like a few years back we got cold mush in the West and from the Middle over to the East they got deluged!) or is the direction it's coming from suggesting if there's precipitation it should be snow?

Posted

The warning only mentions North Antrim, Derry, Tyrone and Fermanagh but but i am really surprised the warning is out so early its only Friday after all so i suspect this warning will upgrade massively towards the event its a solid 9 out 10 for me.:D:good:

• Like 1

Posted

Met Office warning should upgrade nearer the time if gfs is near the mark. meto wont know what to do, potentially have to have a yellow warning all of next week and perhaps an amber Wednesday/Thursday if that runner verifies

Posted

Yes as you would expect warning only covers half of Northern Ireland which is normal in a NW wind but I would expect this to change to cover most of Northern Ireland maybe by Sunday morning or even Monday morning. Snow showers should still make the east even in that warning just worst will be in nw as you would expect at the minute. 

Edited by Neiller22

Posted

Had to be said bbc newsline  weather for  next week is “ rank bad”! Wintery showers with snow possible on hills. Nothing too exciting there it has to be said. 

Posted

They won't go into any details until closer to the time. As for automated forecasts, why even look at them so far out. They constantly change. If you want some automated eye candy then have a look at the netweather local forecast.

Screenshot_2018-01-12-14-34-05.png

Posted
3 minutes ago, ronan said:

They won't go into any details until closer to the time. As for automated forecasts, why even look at them so far out. They constantly change. If you want some automated eye candy then have a look at the netweather local forecast.

Screenshot_2018-01-12-14-34-05.png

Those are GFS based of course and could be complete fantasy.

The BBC and MET always air on the side of caution though and won't really ramp up until we're in range of their short term models at a higher resolution, which won't be until tomorrow or Sunday.

Edited by mountain shadow
  • Like 1

Posted

last cold spell put me off automated forcasts, chopped and changed every 20 mins even the day before, and then even on the day they would forcast loads of percipitation for a certain area, and in reality hits the other side of the country. will be no detail until in euro4 range, and even then until we can look at the snow radar, anything can happen

Posted

Check out the Met Office latest video forecast on their Facebook page for the way they see it Monday/Tuesday. Looks good but I think they are holding back a little on how things will pan out. Certainly an important 12z coming up but at this stage the cold is certainly nailed. 

Posted
2 minutes ago, BREIFMAN11 said:

Important 12Z coming up?

Only for starting to pick more major disturbances in the flow which could increase snow chances depending on where they run.

Edit: Warning not extended 

12 minutes ago, ronan said:

A real wintry week on the way!! Right through until Saturday at least!! Could be some real good totals on the hills!!!

Even low levels appear to be getting buried! Great Winter so far and plenty of fun lamp post watching to be had from now onto the foreseeable future (literally)

Edited by Guest

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow
4 minutes ago, BREIFMAN11 said:

Warning extended.

Even low levels appear to be getting buried! Great Winter so far and plenty of fun lamp post watching to be had from now onto the foreseeable future (literally)

Where'd you see extended warning? I can only find the one issued this morning!

1 minute ago, Sperrin said:

Where'd you see extended warning? I can only find the one issued this morning!

Oh crikey! I seen a facebook photograph of the warning for the entire NI but realised its fake just checked it there now on official Met. Fake News. :pardon:

Posted

Don’t think this low will be near us on weds. They normally keep heading south so my guess is it will end up similar to the one in december and be a midlands south  snow event. Just hope we all get our snow everywhere from mon night onwards from the NW flow. 

Edited by Neiller22