Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted

Anybody wanting their snow fix go to fox news Boston. That’s a snowstorm ! 

Edited by Neiller22
  • Like 2

Posted

So Met Eireann say this epic easterly  toppler that's what I'm calling easterlys topplers nowadays as northerlys last longer now, is all over by Tuesday don't look at the mighty ECM this morning what ever you do we barely even get -4 uppers for the weekend.:rofl:

Met Eireann forecast below

Tuesday will see strengthening southerly winds and rain moving in from the south and west. 

The further outlook for the rest of next week is for unsettled weather, but slightly milder conditions for a time.

Edited by booferking

Posted
1 hour ago, ronan said:

Next dates for interest...14th/15th! If what is showing now in the models comes off then potentially it could end up very snowy for us all!

Is it cold zonality or something from the east?

Edited by Bricriu

14th 15th still showing very cold with initially NW then northerly so possibly lying snow for 2 or more days? Still taking it with salt but it looks nice 

Posted
8 minutes ago, BREIFMAN11 said:

14th 15th still showing very cold with initially NW then northerly so possibly lying snow for 2 or more days? Still taking it with salt but it looks nice 

Snow definitely won’t last 2 days if u take it with salt:D

• Like 1

Posted

Nothing really of interest that I can see apart from this around the 17th of jan.

Model forum flip from best charts so much and a few days ago GFS was rubbish, but it’s model potential quite well for us so far this year in my opinion.

Eastly still be chased in MOD thread, heavy reading.

I’m just back in from splitting logs all morning and what a glorious morning it is to, now trying to get the circulation back to me fingers and toes

7006EAA8-41DB-4D8D-A133-0CF7841DB48B.png

• Like 1

Looks like a real cold PM airmass coming at us 15-17th though I'm feeling flat after the whole easterly thing that went on. :lazy: Time will tell 

Edited by Guest

Posted

Diappointed for you folks in the eastern part of the Island about another failed easterly, they tend to have no impact for us over in the West but would have been delighted to see you guys and girls catch a break, especially Rochey and his hard-core snow shield

Edited by ForeverPomeroysnow
Spelling mistake
  • Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, ForeverPomeroysnow said:

Diappointed for you folks in the eastern part of the Island about another failed easterly, they tend to have no impact for us over in the West but would have been delighted to see you guys and girls catch a break, especially Rochey and his hard-core snow shield

no big deal as we did ok out off last PM flow so imagine it will be the same this time. That way we all get a chance  

Edited by Neiller22

Posted

seriously cold night coming up. car thermometer was reading -5c at 7.30pm.

Posted

GFS showing alot of potential next weekend for country wide snow.

Though this week we will have to contend with cold at first then rain setting in then the fun of lamppost watching will hopefully return.

• Like 1

Posted

Another cracking heavy frost here this morning, been a decent enough Winter so far with 6 or 7 days with snow falling and one very heavy fall which lay for 3 days

Looking further ahead, no cold Easterly yet, we're looking North West this weekend for possible snow chances.

After that, the Stratosphere is warning which opens up all kind of snow chances later this month.

Posted
7 minutes ago, Weegaz said:

Next week looks interesting for the country as a whole.

Any thoughts from our experienced folk?

Looks potentially stormy from the NW with wintry potential over hills. As far from an Easterly as you could get. 

Nothing majorly cold or widespread yet.

Posted

lovely couple of days weatherwise. temp was -6.5c at 9am this morn. cant complain about this winter so far and plenty more cold and snow to come i hope.

Posted
3 hours ago, mountain shadow said:

Looks potentially stormy from the NW with wintry potential over hills. As far from an Easterly as you could get. 

Nothing majorly cold or widespread yet.

The 850's were being modelled at between -8 and -10 a couple of days ago, that would have brought most (even us on the east) some low lying snow fall, and plentiful amounts of it, but it's been moderated somewhat now. I'll be keeping an eye on it... Just for the buzz! I expect nothing anymore!