Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
1 hour ago, BREIFMAN11 said:

Output looks good(GrEeaT) but not sure about how much precip can go past the NE and E. Scotland and NE England in firing line it seems but perhaps with the Atlantic pushing in we could get some significant snow Island wide depending on place of fronts etc? Looking forward with anticipation.

East will do well from this due to the Irish Sea being there. Showers will feed of it into costal regions 

Edited by Neiller22

Posted

Don't see much snow potential this weekend on the GFS, hopefully i am wrong.  Look set for an easterly flow for a few days from Friday with cold days and nights, but it looks quite dry.

Posted
Just now, Weegaz said:

Don't see much snow potential this weekend on the GFS, hopefully i am wrong.  Look set for an easterly flow for a few days from Friday with cold days and nights, but it looks quite dry.

That's normally the case though for most of the island in an North Easterly though. Eastern and particularly South Eastern areas can get snow showers.

The interest for us when the Atlantic tries to push in against the block.

Posted

That’s true, but far more common with easterly’s is cold and dry whilst we watch England get copious amounts of snow! Mind you so fed up with this continuous rain, cold and dry sounds good!

Posted
1 hour ago, Neiller22 said:

Best snow i had was from ne/ and e winds so I’m hopeful. 

I think March 2013 was similar setup? The front stalled and the east got pasted.

Posted
4 hours ago, Neiller22 said:

Best snow i had was from ne/ and e winds so I’m hopeful. 

That event in late March 2013 was South Easterly winds running ahead of an Atlantic low pushing into into cold air from an initial dry North Easterly and Easterly.

Edited by mountain shadow

Posted
4 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

That event in late March 2013 was South Easterly winds running ahead of an Atlantic low pushing into into cold air from an initial dry North Easterly and Easterly.

Hopefully happens again :yahoo:

Posted

No being sucked in yet. Yes it will get colder next weekend with an easterly flow, how cold/snowy is far too far away to even consider. I'm around long enough to not believe the ECM amplified charts until they get into 48/72 range. 2867 times bitten, 2868 times shy! I', expecting a shortwave to pop up at the base of Scandinavia or Iceland to shunt the pattern south just as I'm beginning to get confident!!! 

WHICH WAY IS MECCA AGAIN SO I CAN SAY A PRAYER TO ALL GODS AND DEITYS! 

Posted
18 minutes ago, ForeverPomeroysnow said:

Easterlies ye say pfffffffttttttt boo to yer easterlies lol

Not great for you but can be and hopefully will be for us in the east forc change. NW has done a lot better for snow than us over the years so we are due a break 

Posted

Storm Eleanor certainly picking up, wind gusts getting stronger and strongest haven’t reached my location yet. Amber warning issued by metO, will be a wild evening into the early hours

Posted
40 minutes ago, ForeverPomeroysnow said:

Easterlies ye say pfffffffttttttt boo to yer easterlies lol

Its after the initial Easterly is of interest going by past events. Undercuts etc. All to play for going in to January. What worries me is the GFS is lagging behind(or is it!!)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snooow
Just now, Weegaz said:

Storm Eleanor certainly picking up, wind gusts getting stronger and strongest haven’t reached my location yet. Amber warning issued by metO, will be a wild evening into the early hours

Its real bad out there, I don't think walking to work is wise tonight, will probably give it a go though and then regret it halfway 

Posted

It’s mental out there. Lights flickering away. Won’t be long until power is out I reckon. Just picked up in last hr from nothing. 

Posted
1 minute ago, Neiller22 said:

It’s mental out there. Lights flickering away. Won’t be long until power is out I reckon. Just picked up in last hr from nothing. 

Did you get that gust there?

Posted
4 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

Did you get that gust there?

I sure did MS! It’s actually quite worrying. If there is no damage I will be astounded.