Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
11 minutes ago, Sperrin said:

I'm sitting at -1.9°C with a dew point of -3.8°C, it'll definitely start as snow, all depends on how long conditions remain favourable for duration.

Some of the guys over on the NW ENGLAND forum posting interesting images of lows sliding in over next 48hrs. Looks to be some great potential on those for large parts of Ireland!

I’m sitting in Belfast with a pint of Guinness, a white head with a dark bottom.....definitely hangover conditions tomorrow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

I have seen enough beer over past week to do me a long time. Hangovers plus four kids under seven equals bad times!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Cloud from the LP system moved in now over the west and temps have risen to -0.4 and Dp to -1.7. Can't see the snow lasting too long.

IMG_0149.PNG

Posted

temps on the rise here too. only just below freezing and were -1c during the day. prob get some wet stuff for a time but might be gone by morning.

1 minute ago, ronan said:

Incoming! I was hoping for an early night. Lol

Screenshot_2017-12-29-00-49-51.png

Always the way, lamp post watching takes priority over sleep and sanity! Atleast this time we aren't painfully missing the slider :cold: 

Posted
Just now, BREIFMAN11 said:

Always the way, lamp post watching takes priority over sleep and sanity! Atleast this time we aren't painfully missing the slider :cold: 

I hate the word Slider. Lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow!

Had a snow shower earlier left the ground white. Temp was -1.6° now 1.9°. Sleet falling at the mo just on the wrong side of the snow line yous should do well futher north at least for a couple of hours! Worth staying awake for:drunk-emoji:

Posted
10 minutes ago, ronan said:

I hate the word Slider. Lol

I only got to now what the word meant a couple of weeks ago and it was great :yahoo:sorry for those that missed out:friends:

Posted

Every slider that hits is a no go for here. Even tonight we should see some snow but very short lived as usual yet Central England under an Amber warning for 15 cms of snow. Only upside is they will be near double figure temps soon after. 

Posted
1 minute ago, ronan said:

Every slider that hits is a no go for here. Even tonight we should see some snow but very short lived as usual yet Central England under an Amber warning for 15 cms of snow. Only upside is they will be near double figure temps soon after. 

Ah ok, so was my understanding wrong that a slider is a front that moves in horizontally giving a longer spell of precipitation but covers less area compared to the usual?

12 minutes ago, ronan said:

I was thinking that the English had it rough these few years so they deserve some snow for once but this is the final straw. If I don't see anything meaningful and if the pastures stay green that kindness is out for jealousy and resentment. We should always be doing well in a NWly ?