Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted

And there is the predicted Met office change to further outlook. All colder/snow options pushed back further again bar wintry showers which is why i take their extended forecasts with the biggest pinch of salt known to man. That forecast 3 days ago was so out there it was ridiculous  !

Edited by Neiller22
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

The current weather really is suicidal stuff, dull,damp mild muck,little temp variation day or night. If there is one thing I hate about the Irish climate this rubbish is it. Anyway hopefully something better next week. 12 .0c here ATM overnight low was 10.9c yyyyyyaaaawwwwwnnnn.

• Like 3

"There is no interest long term in the ECM - it order for anything decent to come from a migrating high from the Pacific side it needs to align more towards Russia-

no interest in the models at the moment ( other than the odd transient event at elevation - nothing to develop in the North / North east for +10 days at least"

From model thread from a certain poster who predicted up to 5 inches of snow when it had turned back to rain last week. Model thread is confusing, lots of posts saying there will be nothing just because their area isn't included but they forget to say that. 

I'm not saying it will be a snow fest but we certainly have a decent chance of seeing some snow next week. Certainly not as pessimistic as the model thread

Edited by Longtimelurker
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow
1 hour ago, Nick F said:

00z EC and 06z GFS below showing a heavy snow signal for northern England and Northern Ireland Boxing Day evening/night on northern flank of low pressure system clearing east over central areas. Too far off to know whether the low track will be further north or south though and whether it will be cold enough for snow to fall and settle at lower levels. But some upland areas of the north could see spell of quite heavy and disruptive snow.

Reminds me of an evening in January 1995 when I was in Leeds at the time studying, when a similar system crossing central areas in a zonal flow had some snow on the northern edge and brought the city to a standstill.

gfs_ptype_thick_uk2_19.thumb.png.77f5215f44cd5bbd5fad95a6e00acef3.pnggfs_ptype_thick_uk2_20.thumb.png.ab06feda61e5056ac442bd82d2f09e68.png

Liking this post from Nick over on the model thread. In times of desperation these are the crumbs we cling to! haha

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ronan said:

What a crap couple of weeks weather watching. The toys are being thrown at each other in the model thread tonight. :wallbash:

It has gotten very desperate hasn't it.

Posted
2 hours ago, BREIFMAN11 said:

It has gotten very desperate hasn't it.

It has indeed but there is a little light at the end of the tunnel in this evenings model output. Not really worried to be honest as winter started off great here and there is still plenty of winter left. I also have a week in Iceland to look forward in February so i'll get my snow fix there. :cold:

4 hours ago, ronan said:

It has indeed but there is a little light at the end of the tunnel in this evenings model output. Not really worried to be honest as winter started off great here and there is still plenty of winter left. I also have a week in Iceland to look forward in February so i'll get my snow fix there. :cold:

Happy days, Iceland looking cold! After boxing day is interesting, a lot of people are writing the entirety of winter off already even though we've had a shocker early December. As you said, plenty of winter left.

Posted
Christmas day starts off mild.
vhw0sj.png
Turns cold in the evening with wintery showers....:D
21jap8x.png
Remains cold into Stephans Day.
15x4803.png

Possible slider event with snow on front or back edge....who knows...
16gbax5.png

Wednesday Snow risk.
2ajanev.png

Posted

Hi all. Just to wish you all a happy Christmas and hope Santa brings you all you desire!  Hoping Santa destroys the Dublin snow shield personally, that would make my dreams come through!!!!

Anyway, best wishes everyone, enjoy the break (if you get one) and here’s to a happy and wholesome Christmas to you all. Happy Christmas 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow!

A nice change to the recent weather a cold and calm day. A mist came in after noon the temp never got above 1.6°c currently 1.0°c :) 

Posted

Plenty of snow up the Sperrins (North Tyrone).

The higher peaks of the Derryveagh Mountains on the other side of Donegal had snow too but nowhere else within a 80 mile (approx) radius had the white stuff.

IMG_20171226_125300361.jpg

IMG_20171226_125231542.jpg

IMG_20171226_115744525_HDR.jpg

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

A dusting of snow in the mountains between limavady garvagh. I was up there on the road bike. It was -1 according to the bike computer at 550 metres.

How do you make photos from flikr work.

https://flic.kr/p/HXsa6p

Edited by gary1365

Posted

Some parts of connacht and west ulster could do well going by the radar! I might be luky to get a flurry by the morning?

Edited by jamesd
  • Thanks 1

Posted

A dry frosty morning. Lovely crispy day... Might take a trip up to the Wicklow peaks today for a fix!