Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted

Biting hard frost this morning walking home from work. Something bitterly refreshing about it!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

BIg streamer moving through central Ulster at the minute. Showing as sleet on radar, anyone under it? I'm working in Lisburn here, all clear with blue skies.

Posted
12 minutes ago, Sperrin said:

BIg streamer moving through central Ulster at the minute. Showing as sleet on radar, anyone under it? I'm working in Lisburn here, all clear with blue skies.

Rain Rain Rain dew points to high 1-2c:sorry:

Posted

I’m so cold today. No sign of the snow from Thursday and Friday thawing up my way in Mallusk. I’ve heard it’s meant to snow on Wed night. If this snow doesn’t melt, then it’ll be a nice top up. But it’s so frozen and compacted on the footpaths and side roads. 

Posted

Raining in the castlereagh hills. I wouldn’t put to much faith having snow on weds night. Think it will generally be rain but possibly sleet maybe snow on high ground/ mountains. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

@booferking what's your thoughts on Wednesday evening? Haven't had a chance to check the models these past few days.

Posted
21 minutes ago, Sperrin said:

@booferking what's your thoughts on Wednesday evening? Haven't had a chance to check the models these past few days.

I would say for a short time maybe 12-18hr period showers could turn to snow inland but hills look once again to be the place to be you just never know so hard to predict snow in this country.

• Like 1

Very treacherous. Freezing rain last night made it impossible to get up any paved slope,  the ramp up the driveway was impassable, barely lifted my foot, just skid :cold:.  Nevertheless, snow is on the thaw.

Posted

Still a chance of wintry showers over higher ground Wednesday through Thursday on the 12z GFS, winds will actually be from the North, unfortunately the upper air is mixed out too much so not great for lowland snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

It's barely above zero here today. Hasn't thawed out all that much and I'd expect it to freeze solid after dark. Footpaths are a disaster. Hail shower at the moment. 

Posted

No sign of a let up in the cold in the reliable in the 12z. Cold and mainly dry right through to next weekend. night time frosts and temps struggling by day.

Posted

There not going into much detail Wednesday on there video forecast cutting it short Wed 3pm at the minute but you can see the showers pilling in and increasingly white think there on the fence not giving much away???

This has been going on since yesterday by the way.

snow.png

Edited by booferking

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

The side roads and foot paths are deadly up here with ice and slush. I haven't managed to get out cycling since Wednesday I had to drag out the dreaded turbo trainer lol. My lamp post watching lamp post isn't working so I don't know what I'm going to do now instead of lamp post watching. 

Posted

Also looking forward to see what comes later on the week. I'm off this week so wouldn't mind some more snow. I have purposely kept off the models this winter to save my sanity. 

Posted

fair thaw today even though temps never got above around 2.5c. great wee spell in fairness with 5 days snowcover. hopefully more to come later in week.

Posted

I fell on black ice yesterday and have wrecked my coccyx, incredibly sore. So now I'm off work with no excuse not to be watching every latest edition of the weather models.  My lamppost is also broken and despite reporting it weeks ago nothing has been done to fix it.

Posted

It's our third lamp post out 2 on the green out the front and one in the car park out the back 2 of them have been out for months. I don' expect them to be fixed anytime soon.

Lucky enough I've managed to stay upright having a few near misses lol. I hope it' better soon aliaalu.

Edited by gary1365