Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
3 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

BBC national forecast said rain/sleet showers for NI tonight yet the background temp was minus nine!

Aye, ok then.

Lol exaclty my thoughts MS!! If rain falls then the roads will be a complete mess but with temps so low then it will only be snow. 

Posted

Any chance this snow might travel down the east side of NI! E.g Newtownabbey ? Noticed I was just inside the yellow warning area for snow lol ? would be a nice wee top up 

Posted
26 minutes ago, BREIFMAN11 said:

Showers taking notably longer to transition into snow. 

Another couple of hours you should be getting something nasty.

Its showing -9.5 on the outside stat on our heating now. It really is bitter, any precipitation overnight should be snow, just don’t know if showers are going to last for us down the east side 

Cold week ahead to, saw somewhere it’s to be colder again tomorrow night. MetO warnings out again tomorrow hopefully. Not much precipitation about but

Edited by Weegaz

Posted

First proper line of precip on way then after it's game on. Radar looking good now. Normally when we get temps so low it means clear skies but not too often we see temps of -9 and increasing precipitation.

Screenshot_2017-12-10-22-26-50.png

Edited by ronan
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Showers appear to be losing intensity as they're moving down the coast of Scotland and fading quite quickly when they hit Ireland. However, BBC forecast with Jeff Maskell showed them pushing well south through Ulster later in the night.

Edited by Sperrin

Posted

850s to rise through the night along with dew points image below is dew points now then dew points early morning everything has to be perfect for snow in this country i suspect sleet for areas not far from coast maybe snow for areas inland if showers get that far hills will do well as usual.

Screenshot_20171210-224446.png

Screenshot_20171210-224517.png

Ideally you want dew points below zero.

Edited by booferking
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, ronan said:

First proper line of precip on way then after it's game on. Radar looking good now. Normally when we get temps so low it means clear skies but not too often we see temps of -9 and increasing precipitation.

Screenshot_2017-12-10-22-26-50.png

It's looking good Ronan !  Who'd have thought we'd be lamp post watching for 3 days in a row.  Spectacular. My transition worries have been cut down only thing left is the possibility of rising temps overnight.? BBC automated shows such but they have been everso faulted these few days. Eyes peeled

Posted

Automated is a load of crap to be honest. That line of showers kinda split there and out Letterkenny direction and north Donegal have snow now. I was hoping for and early night but me the lamppost outside my window are having a proper staring competition. :rofl::cold:

Posted
1 minute ago, booferking said:

Wednesday afternoon through to Thursday morning could hold some interest for snow. Showers could be heavy and prolonged.:)

Really? I thought there was rain forecast all day Wednesday?

Posted
5 minutes ago, booferking said:

Could be some surprises showers will spread well inland. 

Screenshot_20171210-232428.png

Screenshot_20171210-232520.png

Screenshot_20171210-232502.png

Nice! I was just basing my comment on the latest BBC forecast. Haven't really been paying attention to the model thread the past few days

• Like 1

Posted
35 minutes ago, ronan said:

Shower just passed through. Showing on radar as snow but was rain!! Roads will be crazy in the morning.

Have you moved to Dublin ??

Posted
7 minutes ago, Rocheydub said:

Have you moved to Dublin ??

Lol!! The Derry snow shield is in force tonight. Definitely not as cold out as it was earlier. Another shower of RAIN has just passed!

Posted

My street this morning ?

It was clear last night.  Surprise snow overnight ? wasn't expecting it.

20171211_070749.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ronan said:

Shower just passed through. Showing on radar as snow but was rain!! Roads will be crazy in the morning.

All rain!!  What fell in the evening has long gone on every surface but the car windscreen. :wallbash:

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Cold frosty morning here,got down to -3.7c,coldest Dec temp I've recorded since 2010.