Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted

Cars were frozen over and a hard frost until about 2300 and then they all thawed. Rain just started here now, very light, but rain nonetheless! Hoping a bit of evaporative cooling can drop the temp some more! 

Edit: small bit of sleet entering the precipitation now!

Edited by Rocheydub

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow!
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow!
6 minutes ago, snowydog said:

Where you located? ❄️ good luck ?

Longford, thanks! It's not even what you would consider light snow yet ?

Posted

Car still frozen here in north Louth, 0.5c outside, front 8 miles south and will be here in 20 mins, but although no breeze at sea level it is clear the air aloft is winning the battle, models very accurate on this occasion for this locale, great fun watching it and holding out hope for a surprise in the morning.

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Raining here atm temp 3.4c,off to bed I go. Usual crap.

Posted

Good luck to everyone getting snow now. Can safely say this is the best cold spell since 2010. 2 inches of snow on the grass and paths and completely frozen solid tonight. A wee bit jealous that wee won't see any more snow for a while but happy with what we have. 

20171210_025800.jpg

Posted

Still all rain here. Disappointing, but not surprising! Told my 2 eldest there would be snow when they woke up today before I left for work... I’ll be on the naughty list with them, that’s for sure... Blinking Dublin snow shield in full operation again!

Posted
5 minutes ago, snowice said:

No snow here all rain meteireann need to take down the warning ⚠ :wallbash:

In fairness to them, it was always going to be borderline predicting what would land on the ground, or a nowcast as some referred to it. They had to err on the side of caution. I’ve witnessed the amount of rain that’s fallen here, we would have been snowed in, it’s been torrential, and bloody cold at times. If they didn’t put out the warning and it fell as snow, they would have been really lambasted!!!

Edited by Rocheydub

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW ICE
10 minutes ago, Rocheydub said:

In fairness to them, it was always going to be borderline predicting what would land on the ground, or a nowcast as some referred to it. They had to err on the side of caution. I’ve witnessed the amount of rain that’s fallen here, we would have been snowed in, it’s been torrential, and bloody cold at times. If they didn’t put out the warning and it fell as snow, they would have been really lambasted!!!

I've checked most of the weather stations all rain bar one.! Ah well the hunt continues. 

Edited by snowice

Posted

I thought it would maybe thaw today but feels colder and compacted snow is like an ice rink in my street. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold

Snowed all night here in west Galway, around 3 inches ob ground, fields, etc: looks very seasonal and christmassy. A clearance now moving in from the north...its gonna be bitter tonight...

• Like 1

Posted
5 hours ago, snowice said:

I've checked most of the weather stations all rain bar one.! Ah well the hunt continues. 

Don’t want a row or anything, but the photos from around various parts of the country would differ with your assessment!

Snow firmly melted on roof and exposed surfaces. Definitely following the shadows, even though the temperature is not even above 2C. Ice all over the place

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW ICE
59 minutes ago, Rocheydub said:

Don’t want a row or anything, but the photos from around various parts of the country would differ with your assessment!

I agree at the time I checked it was mainly rain good for them:)

Edited by snowice

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Some excitement over on the English threads, some snow starved folks getting serious action today. 

I wasn't aware of the potential but looks like we could see more snow this evening and tonight. The following warnings has been issued. 

Wintry showers will become more frequent over northern Scotland on Sunday afternoon, with some extending to Northern Ireland during Sunday evening and night. A further 2-5 cm of snow is likely over parts of northern mainland Scotland with 5-10 cm possible over some high ground. Elsewhere, ice is likely to be the main hazard, though there could be snowfalls of 2-5 cm on some high ground. Some roads, pavements and cycle paths will be slippery, and some longer journey times by road and bus services are likely, right through the Monday morning rush hour.

A look at the radar and you can see the shower band starting to move south over western Scotland. Looks like it's got our name on it in the north and west of Ireland.

IMG_0083.PNG

• Like 1