Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
2 minutes ago, BREIFMAN11 said:

Same here! Ground is frozen solid so hopefully it makes things easier to top up!

Looks like it will be quiet for a while after this going by the radar.

3 minutes ago, ronan said:

Looks like it will be quiet for a while after this going by the radar.

Hopefully something comes of it.  All I see is extra to survive the day, for the amazingly forecasted slip'n'slide northern Slider. :D

Posted

Been heavy here this last half hour or so. That's 7" on the handrail from last night.

20171208_234540.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Watsy said:

Been heavy here this last half hour or so. That's 7" on the handrail from last night.

20171208_234540.jpg

Am jealous!! That's class. Nice one!! I would say you will see more before the night is out.

Posted
1 minute ago, ronan said:

Am jealous!! That's class. Nice one!! I would say you will see more before the night is out.

As you were saying earlier Ronan, we seem to do well in this part of the world, suppose it's the Belfast hills with a bit more altitude. That last band has just passed but think your right, see another one following not too far behind. Hope you get a bit more up in your neck of the woods too.

Posted
1 minute ago, Watsy said:

As you were saying earlier Ronan, we seem to do well in this part of the world, suppose it's the Belfast hills with a bit more altitude. That last band has just passed but think your right, see another one following not too far behind. Hope you get a bit more up in your neck of the woods too.

There has been an area of precip in Donegal to the west of me for the past hour and it doesn't seem to be doing anything but grown. Whoever lives under that is doing very well!

Posted
1 hour ago, ronan said:

That area up around mid Ulster always seems to do pretty good! Antrim etc

I’ve lived here for 2 years this November. This has definitely been the most decent snow event since I’ve moved up here. I remember living in the Castlereagh Hills during the legend that was winter 2010. What a year that was. I have a pic of me standing (at the edge - knowing I shouldn’t Be on it) on the lake frozen at Victoria Park by the City Airport. 

The development where I’m living is unbelievably beautiful tonight. Listened to some Christmas music while walking the dog there half hour ago. In my element. 

My partner went to shop tonight and almost 4 hours later his car is covered in an inch or two - would never have guessed he was out just a few hours earlier - it’s crazy  

Here’s a few pics from today. 

EE77AE95-F8E2-497B-B070-1632ADFF6CBF.jpeg

D32F9121-7956-42AC-A963-3A2E974E16A0.jpeg

D74CE1E2-7719-4BBE-A33E-E4367D8C6156.jpeg

9335DD49-3197-40BA-8077-077C25E0B4BB.jpeg

• Like 7

Posted
2 minutes ago, snowydog said:

I’ve lived here for 2 years this November. This has definitely been the most decent snow event since I’ve moved up here. I remember living in the Castlereagh Hills during the legend that was winter 2010. What a year that was. I have a pic of me standing (at the edge - knowing I shouldn’t Be on it) on the lake frozen at Victoria Park by the City Airport. 

The development where I’m living is unbelievably beautiful tonight. Listened to some Christmas music while walking the dog there half hour ago. In my element. 

My partner went to shop tonight and almost 4 hours later his car is covered in an inch or two - would never have guessed he was out just a few hours earlier - it’s crazy  

Here’s a few pics from today. 

EE77AE95-F8E2-497B-B070-1632ADFF6CBF.jpeg

D32F9121-7956-42AC-A963-3A2E974E16A0.jpeg

D74CE1E2-7719-4BBE-A33E-E4367D8C6156.jpeg

9335DD49-3197-40BA-8077-077C25E0B4BB.jpeg

Brilliant pics.

Posted

Looking like it's a look out your window tomorrow to see if you get any of the slider action.  Looking good for Lenister, Connaught and South Ulster,  maybe less so for us up in da north.  Either way keep the pictures coming and if you get some get outside and enjoy it!!!

4 minutes ago, Longtimelurker said:

That's annoying 

Ah well. The midlands have to get it some time too. We've had it well so far, already better than the last 2 previous winters combined for us.

Posted

My question is - is the snow lying going to stick around for a few days? Will there be any more flurries to top us up? 

Posted

Thought I was going to die with jealousy but at a proper fall of snow this morning:yahoo:

Posted

A lot of the hi res models are showing rain for Dublin tonight and tomorrow... I’ll be inconsolable if we get nowt from this!

Posted
1 hour ago, snowydog said:

My question is - is the snow lying going to stick around for a few days? Will there be any more flurries to top us up? 

No reason why it shouldn't stick around for a while yet. Maybe the odd shower to top up.

Most of the snow here is locked in place and there is plenty of ice. Hopefully it sticks so I can dampen my envy of the southern counties.

Edited by Guest