Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
Just now, Longtimelurker said:

golly gosh that's tasty. For what it's worth Met office don't have an automated FC for my location in Donegal but closest place to me over the border showing a lot more snow falling on Sunday than it did earlier. 

Fingers crossed:cold-emoji:

8 minutes ago, booferking said:

My guess is along the lines of the Euro4 chart below, there's been a slight shift north every run since this morning's runs plus the metoffice seem to be backing it with something similar in there forecast.

But it is still a nowcast event at best.:)

17121006_0812.gif

Screenshot_20171208-200751.png

Screenshot_20171208-200759.png

Thats good, I was really writing this off as it didn't appear to go north enough though before it divot back down again the fact that it is going north each run, and the lying snow that will still be there when it comes (hopefully) can add quite the figure to the 4cm we have atm :D

Posted

There’s some noise from frozen snow sliding down the roof.....I thought Santa had maybe came early and landed the sleigh on it :D

Anyway....Saturday evening into Sunday looks interesting

Posted

Met Eireann have orange warning for all of Ulster and Connaught and most of Leinster from Laois/Kildare northward. They better not be wrong, or I'll be bringing the angry mob c/w burning torches to burn down the Glasnevin offices! I saw some sleet today, felt lovely. Would dearly love to build a snowman with the kids. Dearly!

The rain to snow event is one that can bring up high accumulations and probably more than the 8cm in the MetE warning. Whoever get's it, get the photos up again, really enjoyed them! Fingers crossed, I can post a few of my own!

• Like 2

Posted

I don't think I have ever seen a situation where things have changed on almost every run regarding this slider. It's crazy. I had written it off on the earlier runs for us here in the north but it keeps changing and there is a little bit of hope. Lol. What I do know is that someone is gonna get completely pasted!!

2 minutes ago, Longtimelurker said:

Well it's further south again on the latest GFS. And yeah would be more than 8cm but they won't want to issue a red warning until the very end. The criteria for a red snow warning isnt that extreme. Anyway hope icon is right lol. Is icon a rubbish model? 

The ICON and HIRLAM still show a northern trend. Even if the GFS shows south, its very much a radar and lamp post event.

2 minutes ago, ronan said:

I don't think I have ever seen a situation where things have changed on almost every run regarding this slider. It's crazy. I had written it off on the earlier runs for us here in the north but it keeps changing and there is a little bit of hope. Lol. What I do know is that someone is gonna get completely pasted!!

The fact that its more or less a day to go and nothing is nailed on its head is shocking! 

Posted
5 minutes ago, BREIFMAN11 said:

The fact that its more or less a day to go and nothing is nailed on its head is shocking! 

Exactly. Not sure where you are in Derry but that last shower gave another cm on the ground. I am in Knightsbridge at the minute.

7 minutes ago, BREIFMAN11 said:

It's always the way when we get storms or snow more or less. Come Sunday it will be feast or famine. Lots of happy people and probably more pist off people haha. Will be a bitter pill to swallow if I miss out by 30 40 miles

Edited by Longtimelurker

1 minute ago, ronan said:

Exactly. Not sure where you are in Derry but that last shower gave another cm on the ground. I am in Knightsbridge at the minute.

Not a shower yet here in Kingsfort. Narrowly missed it on the radar!! :wallbash:

Posted
Just now, BREIFMAN11 said:

Not a shower yet here in Kingsfort. Narrowly missed it on the radar!! :wallbash:

Wow that was a very narrow miss!! More showers to the north so you might get lucky yet! The look heavy to.

Posted

Here's my snow pic of the day. Our light up Santas were all sporting Afro hairdos earlier when I came home from work.

Afro Santa.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, booferking said:

Tomorrow will reveal all for this upcoming snow event it will be a case of watching metoffice & Met Eireann updates good luck all.

I would say that you are in a prime location to get in on the action.

Posted

Just been out walking the dogs, the snow is just amazing, it's frozen and has that very satisfying crispy crunch sound when you step on it. Made great snowballs.

Considering My lack of altitude living close to the City Airport I am very pleased to have had a drop of the white stuff.

IMG_0864.JPG

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ronan said:

Absolutely chucking it down here now!

Same here! Ground is frozen solid so hopefully it makes things easier to top up!