Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
5 hours ago, Weegaz said:

This would keep a few happy.....Dublin snow shield in full effect yet again rochey

D25B65C1-0B8E-45F5-A72B-DE5C2A8FCED4.png

Sure my white hair is now making me feel more seasonal! :-)

Posted

Met Eireann update 

Wednesday night will turn cold everywhere as temperatures fall to near freezing in the early part of the night, lowest overnight temperatures zero to plus 3 degrees, coldest in the north. The winds will become cyclonic variable in the north as an area of low pressure, called a ""polar low"", tracks over or near the north of the country. To the south of the low pressure centre winds will be strong and gusty from a southwesterly direction, later veering west. There will be showers too, likely to be heavy and falling as snow over the hills and mountains. 

Thursday will be a cold day with strong westerly winds easing and becoming light variable later in the day. There'll be showers, mostly confined along western and northern coastal areas and again some will be wintry over hills and mountains. Temperatures during the afternoon will range just 4 or 5 degrees in the north to 7 or 8 degrees in the south. On Thursday night temperatures will range between minus 2 and plus 3 degrees with ice forming on untreated surfaces. There'll be showers or longer spells of rain, turning wintry with snow likely on the Wicklow Mountains. 

Friday will be cold with light variable winds becoming west to northwest in direction. There'll be showers all along the west and north, turning wintry at times, but staying confined to coastal areas, elsewhere will be mostly dry with sunny spells. 

Saturday will be cold with moderate west to northwest winds and wintry showers on west and north facing coasts, but mostly dry elsewhere with sunny spells. 

The further outlook is for continued cold weather with showers.

Edited by booferking

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Nice to see that there's potentially some seasonable weather on the horizon. Gonna keep an eye over the next couple of days before getting too excited. 

Posted
8 hours ago, booferking said:

Met Eireann update 

Wednesday night will turn cold everywhere as temperatures fall to near freezing in the early part of the night, lowest overnight temperatures zero to plus 3 degrees, coldest in the north. The winds will become cyclonic variable in the north as an area of low pressure, called a ""polar low

Not sure that's true, any lows impacting will have come across the Atlantic, not from the high Arctic.

Posted
30 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

Not sure that's true, any lows impacting will have come across the Atlantic, not from the high Arctic.

If it was a polar low everything that falls from it would be snow and a lot of snow at that and not just on hills that's why i bolded the text found it strange.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: continental climate

My dear Irish and Northern Irish friends, have the lords of weather finally released the jinx  since March 2013 or better December 2010 for the folks further south? We have seen cold and snow shunted east for most of the time in to Continental Europe, will it happen again or finally the pressure patterns will align right for us to be in the game, that is a cold set of ensembles for location near me, Blessington, co.Wicklow

cold ensembles.gif

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Hi Everyone

Snow chances starting to look good for the end of this week. Looks pretty certain that we'll see something wintry, particularly those in the NW with elevation (I tend to do quite well in these set ups!) :yahoo:

Thanks for all the charts Booferking, always a great source of info!

Pom, is this is the time of year where you long for the mountains of Pomeroy? A wee number just for you... :D:D

Posted
18 minutes ago, Sperrin said:

Hi Everyone

Snow chances starting to look good for the end of this week. Looks pretty certain that we'll see something wintry, particularly those in the NW with elevation (I tend to do quite well in these set ups!) :yahoo:

Thanks for all the charts Booferking, always a great source of info!

Pom, is this is the time of year where you long for the mountains of Pomeroy? A wee number just for you... :D:D

stained glass windower :(

Posted

First snow symbols of the year showing for my location on Saturday evening on Net Weather forecast :yahoo:

Obviously taken with a large pinch of salt, but good to see all the same.  Some could get a dusting from tomorrow evening on, but some heavy rain tomorrow to contend with first.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: continental climate

there should be numerous opportunities for you guys up North for some early season snowfall this week, first  as early as Thursday AM accorging to HIRLAM and APREGE,only caveat is that you might have to wake up early to see it, but don't worry as we hope to join the party over the weekend if that low pressure tracks over the Irish Sea 

hirlamuk-1-47-0.png

arpegeuk-1-43-0.png

90-574UK.gif

• Like 2

Posted

Defo feel colder when out at lunch there booferking.

Snow symbols on MetO forecast now for my location on Saturday....interesting few days coming up.  As you say even tonight some could get a flake or 2.

• Like 1

Posted

You beat me to it weegaz...

There's been a serious drop in temperature these past few hours. If the cloud breaks later on there should be a good frost with an showers inland turning wintry. 

Screenshot_2017-11-22-15-28-38.png

Posted

Picked this up from the model thread, 12z showing good potential for us in the NW this weekend!

imageproxy.gif

Posted
34 minutes ago, Sperrin said:

You beat me to it weegaz...

There's been a serious drop in temperature these past few hours. If the cloud breaks later on there should be a good frost with an showers inland turning wintry. 

Screenshot_2017-11-22-15-28-38.png

Odd Spot of Red now.:D

location.png