Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Freaky thing is how calm it is here atm.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Still have an amber warning up here from the Met Office, like Ophelia will just stop at the border. Met Office also saying it's no longer a hurricane even though NHC are saying it is. Met O aren't on the ball at all I feel...

Posted

Met O gave an explanation on twitter there as to why NI is different from ROI, different criteria for warnings basically. So I'm not too sure at the moment that they will. See what happens though.

https://twitter.com/metoffice/status/919666815197962240

Edited by Juuyoku

Posted
8 minutes ago, ForeverPomeroysnow said:

That is mad logic though, one is be prepared as we expect the worse the other is yeah we will warn you when it's happening!! 

Exactly. I know it's a different system but I think maybe in this case modifying to be in line with the republic would be justified.

Department of Education NI have said all schools should close tomorrow as a precaution - should close. Not they are, so far anyway.

Posted
54 minutes ago, sundog said:

Freaky thing is how calm it is here atm.

I thought the exact same thing there when I went out a walk with the dogs!! Anyways stay safe everyone especially everyone in the far South!! This could be a once in a life time storm for some of us!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow

Not a huge fan of windstorms either ,they can be exciting but even our more normal storms can freak me out a bit.

Posted

She’s just starting to have an impact now. Winds in the southern most parts starting to pick up.

Posted

stay  safei l  

Posted

hi folks. summer done and dusted and good to be back on here. gonna be a stormy one. off work, school closed. not leaving this house all day. first reports coming in from cork of roads closed due to falling trees.