Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Returning from my summer slumber, could be a really interesting day on Monday. Looking forward to it!

Posted

How do folks, getting to that time of year again when we start coming out of hibernation.  Perversely it's looking a tad warm this weekend lol, as Ronan says I would rather not have this cold early and no sign anyway.  The remnants of Opheila do stir the interest though 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: LP - Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

airpressure.thumb.png.f8c1fd2ba12b24e095ee89472ab978ae.png

Stay safe.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, excitement of snow, a hoolie

Strongest winds will be in SE quadrant ahead of the surface low pressure, hurricane force gusts possible, mean sustained winds of storm force for south coast of Ireland. 

National Weather Warnings

STATUS RED  Met Eireann, issued Sat 14th Oct Wind Warning for Galway, Mayo, Clare, Cork and Kerry

Hurricane Ophelia is expected to transition to a post tropical storm as it approaches our shores on Monday bringing severe winds and stormy conditions . Mean wind speeds in excess of 80 km/h and gusts in excess of 130km/h are expected, potentially causing structural damage and disruption, with dangerous marine conditions due to high seas and potential flooding.

Issued: Saturday 14 October 2017 13:18
Valid:  Monday 16 October 2017 09:00 to Tuesday 17 October 2017 03:00

STATUS ORANGE  Wind Warning for The rest of the country

Hurricane Ophelia is expected to transition to a post tropical storm as it approaches our shores on Monday. Mean wind speeds between 65 and 80 km/h with gusts between 110 and 130km/h are expected, however some inland areas may not be quite as severe. The winds have potential to cause structural damage and disruption, with dangerous marine conditions due to high seas and potential flooding.

Issued: Saturday 14 October 2017 13:21
Valid: Monday 16 October 2017 09:00 to Tuesday 17 October 2017 03:00

1510opheliagrid4.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

limerick ,waterford and wexford have niw been added to the red warning list.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, excitement of snow, a hoolie
32 minutes ago, sundog said:

limerick ,waterford and wexford have niw been added to the red warning list.

1510meteirRED.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes, Snow, Winter, Summer storms after a 'heatwave'

Red warning has shut down most schools in Mayo for monday

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
5 minutes ago, ForeverPomeroysnow said:

Offtt looking decidedly dodgy for large swathes of the country tomorrow. Stay safe and keep journeys to a minimum if possible 

Indeed Pomeroy, looks a tad further east as well on the last update. Will be an interesting evening of model watching ahead!

• Like 1

Posted

I would be lying if i said i wasnt worried about tomorrow,exciting in one way,very scary aswell. With the way the climate is changing im not too surprised an event like this is going to happen tbh. I know we cant blame every big weather event on climate change but i feel it certainly hasnt helped at the least in regards to tomorrow.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snooow

Should be interesting to see what happens tomorrow, must remember to get my wheelie bin back in as soon as emptied. Itll end up down the road. 

:D

• Like 1

Posted
17 minutes ago, booferking said:

Anybody know if it's mandatory to close schools when red warning is issued?

I think so ,just got a text from my sons school that it will be closed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

I suppose you all know that it’s red alert now across the country.. stay safe all and thoughts with you. 

• Like 3

Posted

This is going to be incredibly dangerous. I've never heard Met Eireann use the language that they have used over the last 12 hours. Unprecedented, Widespread structural damage, disaster and fatalities. I finish work at 9am. Wish me luck!

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, booferking said:

Anybody know if it's mandatory to close schools when red warning is issued?

Dept of education down south have closed all schools, so I'd imagine it's the same up there dude.

• Like 1