Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Quite foggy here too last night and early this morning,fog gone now but still rather cloudy. Recorded a high of 23.1c yesterday ,my highest of the yr so far.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Already 20c here,should be the hottest day so far this yr here.

Posted

Easily my warmest day of the yr today,hardly a cloud in the sky today,max temp 25.5c

Posted

What a fantastic last 5 or 6 days this has been, just what Summer should be. Unfortunately, we look like paying the price with a very unsettled and much cooler period coming up from Thursday onwards, hopefully it won't last to long into July.

Posted

indeed,most of the first half of july can probably be written off for those who like this type of weather.

Posted

Recorded my warmest day since summer 2006 today, max temp of 27.9c, very impressive considering there was a reasonable amount of cloud about today.

• 3 weeks later...
Posted

Since that great spell mid June it has been endless cloud and dullness and bar the odd day there is no end in sight.

• 4 weeks later...
Posted

Would be nice to have a long settled spell but the jet stream way too far south for that.

Definitely not the worst summer I can remember - plently of storms and fairly warm with sunshine most days much better than some years.

• 3 weeks later...

Really lit up tonight, non stop thunder and lightning for more than what five hours. Quite heavy rain persistent too for the entirety of the time, no let ups. Plants are flooded.

Edited by Guest

Posted

That was the biggest storm we have seen in Derry in years. A lot of the lower lying areas including the city center is under water. Non stop torrential rain, thunder and lightning from mid afternoon and has only let up now. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

Not too much lightening here but plenty of thunder and very heavy rain. I saw pictures and videos of the flooding in Derry on Facebook. 

• 3 weeks later...
Posted

I would say our windiest day for quite a while, nothing compared to across the pond.....it's been quite interesting following the thread on it plus videos on Facebook and twitter.

i saw someone note that the current hurricane formation was last seen in 2010.....a sign of things to come for us come December????? :cold: :yahoo: :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: continental climate

Raining now 10 days in a row,starts nice until about 1pm and then heavy showers until 7pm,perhaps only 3 days of no rain since 18th July, thanks god my last summer here!

Edited by jules216

• 4 weeks later...
Posted

It is looking pretty nasty Somo! First major storm of the season but it is quite a bit out yet so I would say there could be a few changes yet as it is still developing! Couple of hundred miles East and it could be very nasty indeed. No sign of any cold yet but in my opinion I wouldn't want it so early in the season.