Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Exciting

A few flakes of snow just now. 7oC, humidity at 60% and dropping.

Posted

Last shower was very sleety with a few flakes mixed in. Seen lightning in the distance there to. As you say Gaz would be nice to get a final fall of snow before we move in to Spring properly.

Snow falling in Derry now....

Edited by ronan

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Back again guys, thought the winter funder was well and truly finished for the season! Snowing heavy here and laying on grass and cars. Hopefully have a nice covering in the morning!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Really starting to lay well here, very heavy snow now for 25 mins. The showers are moving up from the SWW which, I find, tend to have more intensity than showers from the NW. Could be nice in the morning. 

Screenshot_20170320-213805.png

Screenshot_20170320-214419.png

Edited by Sperrin
  • Like 2

Well, disappointingly enough we didn't get much but a nice dusting in the morning which very quickly melted when the sun shown its head at 10am, nothing but sleet/snow since then (not sticking) the hills in the distance being white is quite picturesque. Over than that, roll on spring!

Posted

Thank Christ this sad excuse of winter is over. ! Heading to Florida for 3 weeks start of April so I'm in summer mode. Way to cold tonight ! 

• 5 weeks later...
Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Should be some hefty wintry showers next wk. I would presume most of any snow being reserved  for the hills,heavy hail showers etc for low levels.

On 4/19/2017 at 23:31, sundog said:

21-7UK.GIF?23-18

-9 uppers in to Donegal tomorrow,5pm

24-7UK.GIF?23-18 24-101UK.GIF?23-18

By 8pm,-4 dew point

27-7UK.GIF?23-18

By 11pm the center of the feature has milder air and sadly we take a direct hit, best chance of snow lying would be after dark so its a shame.

Follows on colder behind it and Tuesday night currently has -8 widely across the North. Maybe one last hoorah, it''ll be freezing in the wind regardless,-7 windchill at times for worst affected areas.

Edited by Longtimelurker

• 3 weeks later...
Posted

Was a lovely spell of weather, I have decided to start a wildflower garden in my new house, the growth this past fortnight has been exceptional.  The recent rain has been very welcome, although I hope it doesn't overstay this too much! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy
On Sat May 13 2017 at 12:31, because said:

did everyone die ?   42 day drought .. Armagh recorded less than 1cm rainfall .. more

has fallen in the last 24 hours .. and not a comment .

Naw we're just enjoying the summer while it's here lol. All that good weather and I barely got out cycling today I get soaked to the skin and freezing and had to cut my cycle short. It'll rain now to next may lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow

My  first 20c reach of the year today,max 20.0c ,after what was an unsettled first half to the day.

Posted

How's it going folks. After one of the crappiest winters i can remember we finally have had some decent warm sunshine with more on the way from midweek with low pressure slipping through on Sunday then high pressure building Monday again. Have a feeling we are in for a decent summer this year!! Well here's hoping anyway!!

Posted
20 minutes ago, ronan said:

How's it going folks. After one of the crappiest winters i can remember we finally have had some decent warm sunshine with more on the way from midweek with low pressure slipping through on Sunday then high pressure building Monday again. Have a feeling we are in for a decent summer this year!! Well here's hoping anyway!!

Here's hoping as well Ronan, debating buying a barbecue but think it will put the scud in a good summer just like buying a sledge in Winter lol