Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
1 hour ago, Longtimelurker said:

If it tracks further South we could get something. Who knows

Its looking like it's a possibility according to the latest Beeb forecast. Certainly worth a drive to the hills. 

Edited by ronan

Posted

Ni weather on Facebook have amber warning for winds due to the occurrence of a weather bomb.....most interesting day of weather coming up in a long while.....and it's not even snow 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Just a day of blustery winds and pasing showers here but I knew we weren't in the path really anyway. Nippy enough feeling tonight, have my electric blanket on. 

Chance of some of the White stuff early next week

Met.ie 

MONDAY: A cold day with some further wintry showers of rain, hail, sleet and snow. Most of the wintry showers will occur across the western half of the country, with the risk of thunder too. Snowfall will mostly occur on higher elevations, but a light dusting of snow is possible on some lower levels here, especially to begin and end the day. 

TUESDAY: A cold windy day with an added wind chill effect. Once again scattered wintry showers will move down across the country. This time most of the wintry showers will occur across the north and east to begin, when there may be some falls of sleet and snow. 

WEDNESDAY: Wet and windy through the day, with rain turning to wet snow at times, especially to begin.

Met.office

Outlook for Monday to Wednesday:

Becoming colder and quite changeable into next week with bright spells and some wintry showers, with a risk of more prolonged rain and hill snow during Tuesday and later Wednesday.

Edited by Longtimelurker

Posted

Surprisingly ground is now white after a heavy snow shower, ended off with light rain though! Evaporative cooling I suppose 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Snowing here now, temp at 2.2 degrees and dew point 0.8 degrees.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

I took some pictures up on benevenagh mountain on the bishops road this morning but I can't get them to upload on my phone.