Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
1 minute ago, booferking said:

I loved warrenb post on model thread:    If anything the only covering we are going to get is dust from Africa.:D:rofl:

That was a brave man! .... 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

I have a  snow symbol on Saturday evening on the BBC weather app there's a slim hope yet lol. I won't be holding my breath all the same.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

I haven't poked my head onto the forums in a few days. I see it's the same story though. Enjoyed the windy weather we just had though, made for a nice change!

• Like 1

Posted

Spring is coming next week. Thank  god. What a flip in the output though. Nobody saw that coming. One thing is for sure this winter and hopefully we all learn for next winter. Never believe background signals, LRF and model output past 5 days! It really is guess work ! 

• Like 1

Posted
24 minutes ago, Neiller22 said:

Never believe background signals, LRF and model output past 5 days! It really is guess work ! 

Only if it shows cold. You can bet that when the medium/long range forecasts show mild, they will verify.

Posted

RTE radio earlier mentioned hail and rain for low areas of the east from Friday onwards through to Sunday. It surprised me somewhat, as I hadn't looked at charts for thje last couple of days... Then I saw the hires... The cold just isn't avected westward enough, despite a decent pattern. Fear not though, there's moves afoot to bring a HP cell over Greenland!

9'Clock news weather on RTE said wintery showers on the east coast, especially on high ground on Saturday... Hedging bets there!

Posted

Don't know bout anybody else but this literally has been the most boring winter I can ever recall for weather extremes! I hope to god we never ever see the likes of it again!! As far as I'm concerned from next winter it's model thread no more than 5 days in advance and taking no notice of anything else whatsoever ! Background signals ???? Never ever again. Cannot wait for spring now and longer evenings and beer and BBQ! Rant over! 

• Like 1

Posted

Was up on the roof of our new house there and can confirm we have really really light snow. :cold:

It'll be the same next year Neiller and the year after and so on

• Like 3

Posted

Pretty normal winter weather over the last 15 years, 09 and 10 excluded. Maybe I'm just too flippant. Sleet falling here now, very lightly!

Anything but normal. Driest, calmest Winter I can remember. Complete opposite to the usual active Atlantic driven weather. Extraordinary Winter for mundane reasons. Met Eireann monthly bulletin-

December-Rainfall: drier than normal nearly everywhere,Temperature: mild countrywide.

January-Mild and dry everywhere,Rainfall: very dry in places; dry spells in eastern parts,Temperature: mild everywhere; mildest in the West, Northwest and East.

Edited by Longtimelurker

Posted

Snizzle all morning here, nothing sticking or lying anywhere. I'd say Wicklow may get a nice covering out of this!

Edited by Rocheydub

Posted
19 minutes ago, booferking said:

Snizzle falling here all day its a waste of a post to even post it.

So why post it then ?? :-)

Tomorrow was always going to be the day that we could see some action. It's bitterly cold out, I enjoy that as it is, and for a bloke who hasn't had lying snow since 2010, I'll take snizzle all day long!

Posted
1 hour ago, Rocheydub said:

So why post it then ?? :-)

Tomorrow was always going to be the day that we could see some action. It's bitterly cold out, I enjoy that as it is, and for a bloke who hasn't had lying snow since 2010, I'll take snizzle all day long!

Enjoy........

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

I don't really care if we get snow or not I just wish it was warmer and sunnier or stormy or anything else other than this constant cold grey weather. I was out cycling today and I was froze I can't wait for the spring lol.