Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

Same here but we've had a couple decent frosts here in limavady since Christmas. 

Posted

Hard frost here too, was -2.8 at 4am and it's -1.5 now... beauties of fog patches and nasty black ice on untreated roads! 

Posted

Currently -3c here near Arklow with     a hard frost 

lowest Ive seen is the Baltinglass co Wicklow traffic weather station at -5.5c

IMG_1006.JPG

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

I will belive it when i see it

• Like 3

Posted

Just a couple of pics from a lovely foggy walk this morning up Cavehill. First I've popped on this winter, usually check in to see how everyone is getting on with the snow but not too much in the way of that this year. In saying that, I did enjoy the dry spell (albeit dull) earlier in the winter, was nice to have plenty of opportunity to get out and about without getting soaked. Hopefully see a wee touch before spring but have to see it's nice seeing the days lengthen too.

Anyway, stunning views from Cavehill earlier of the fog, these pics don't do it any justice but a lovely crisp morning to be out for a wander. 

Fog 1.jpg

Fog 2.jpg

• Like 8

Posted
21 minutes ago, booferking said:

Very dry cold spell looking increasingly likely for us that front around 10th dont look like it will get near us pushed back every run looks like another borefest for us.

east coast may get a few snow showers.

Posted

I think the medium range models have generally been good at predicting the upcoming cold spell with a predominant South Easterly airstream, what has been difficult to model is the depth of cold.

From Friday then we will be into continental air and any moisture should be of snow, but looking mainly dry. If night are cloud free, it will be very cold with widespread frosts.

There remains an outside chance of colder more unstable air into next week.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snooow

I've picked up half the streets bins at least 3 times each now... No matter where I put them the wind gets them every time.  It's mad out there! :nonono:

Posted

Wild wild day. Love a bit of exciting weather! 

Personally, I'm really looking forward to the end of the week. As I said loads of times, no lying snow here since 2010 and this will be my best chance. Streamers should at least see some snow. And who knows, any disturbances closer to the time could bring more widespread precip! Fingers crossed! 

• Like 3

Posted

Led up the garden path again I think! All  those on the mod thread who slagged of the ECM when it was not showing what they wanted look like having egg on their face I'm afraid. Looks like a brief cool spell then back to normal winter fair. Nout for here as per usual this dreadful excuse for a winter. Nearly a time no draw a close on it. Roll on summer. 

Edited by Neiller22

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow

yep,the story of this winter so cant say im too surprised. Our cold spell now a cold snap with the usual watered down sh*te. When the chips are down the chips are down.We will get lucky at some stage with a major cold spell but it wont be happening this winter.

Posted
1 hour ago, sundog said:

.We will get lucky at some stage with a major cold spell but it wont be happening this winter.

Another bust Easterly but retrogression of the failed Scandi High to Greenland is possible between mid and the end of the month. Might be a last throw of the dice.

There remains a small chance of some snow along Eastern areas this weekend but shouldn't amount to  much unless the 12z's upgrade.

Posted
55 minutes ago, ForeverPomeroysnow said:

Surely another easterly hasn't gone Pete Tong.....

Aye, from a Beasterly to a Saharan scirroco in no time at all.

Instead of next week looking cold it could well be t shirts and shorts.