Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snooow

Fingers crossed but I'm not over thinking this one. I'll wait and see what happens :)

Posted

Sadly, at this early stage, we could be too far west to get in on the action... plenty of scope and time for change though! 

Posted
1 hour ago, Rocheydub said:

Sadly, at this early stage, we could be too far west to get in on the action... plenty of scope and time for change though! 

My only hope is the battleground situations that you get in these setups after all its very rare that an easterly delivers to the west.

Posted

I'm not throwing in the towel yet. I still think a South Easterly will set up by the 10th, however the depth of cold is not confirmed. I think the 12z tonight will shed more light. The UKMET as been solid and is best on offer, there are still some stonking ensembles members too.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Interesting feature setting up now for those in the east...already turning wintry on the western flank and whether warning has the S word in for later this evening. MS you could be well placed with a bit of elevation in Carryduff.

Screenshot_20170203-145113.png

Screenshot_20170203-145122.png

Posted
29 minutes ago, Sperrin said:

Interesting feature setting up now for those in the east...already turning wintry on the western flank and whether warning has the S word in for later this evening. MS you could be well placed with a bit of elevation in Carryduff.

Screenshot_20170203-145113.png

Screenshot_20170203-145122.png

Cheers Sperrin, but I think the snow was to be over 200mtrs I think? I'm at 140, maybe get some wet snow/sleet though.

Fingers crossed on the 12z. We should know by half four whether the UKMET model is on board for next Friday or not.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Looking at that warning and the PPN reminds me a bit of March 2013 when you got absolutely pasted and most in the west saw fcek all!

Posted
12 minutes ago, Sperrin said:

Looking at that warning and the PPN reminds me a bit of March 2013 when you got absolutely pasted and most in the west saw fcek all!

O happy memories. Around 60cm if I remember, snowed non stop for nearly two days. It wasn't heavy but persistent. That's why I'm hoping a cold South Easterly kicks in next Friday.

• Like 1

Posted

It was snowing quite heavily from the occluded front in the hills of South county Wicklow when I was up there about an hour ago

IMG_0991.PNG

• Like 5

Posted
34 minutes ago, booferking said:

This easterly is looking cold and dry the front around days 9-10 that slide under from the west is to far west to effect us, east coast might pick up snow showers days 10 &11. Otherwise looks dry & cold.

Exactly what Gibby said on the model thread yesterday and no one took him on. 

Posted
2 minutes ago, ronan said:

Exactly what Gibby said on the model thread yesterday and no one took him on. 

Yep ronan its not looking good for us at all things can pop up closer to the event but going by this winter so far cold & dry for most of us apart from a few snow showers on eastern coastal parts of the island.

• Like 1

From memory the common time to get snow is the end of Feb/start of March from Northerlies. Would rather see something decent in the next 3 weeks as once March comes you need much deeper cold for it to stay. March 2013 always amazes me, it was the very end of March. Always wondered how bad it would have been if we had that set up in Jan.

Posted

Just rain here in Bangor after a burst of heavy hail at about 3pm! The temperature has decreased steadily though - just 2.8C at the moment from an afternoon high of 8.6C 

Posted
40 minutes ago, booferking said:

I thought we would have snow reports from the east of the country by now?

radar.png

radar1.png

That area where the snow is falling is pretty high up. Its the mountains between Ballycastle and Cushendun by the looks of it. Glens Of Antrim.

Posted
51 minutes ago, BFS/BHD said:

I'm told the Hightown is a winter wonderland! 

Up Cavehill country park area of the road there is snow lying around the fields (from what i could see in the dark) .. but as you go further down into Mallusk, it's just rain.. I'm just at the bottom of the hill leading over Cavehill (Mallusk side)...

P.s - that's if you mean Hightown in Glengormley lol! :)

Also - Hi to a fellow Eastie (Lived all my life over in the East - just moved here to Mallusk last year - it's great for snow lol...not my reason for moving but a nice benefit when it does arrive)

Edited by snowydog

Posted
10 hours ago, snowydog said:

Up Cavehill country park area of the road there is snow lying around the fields (from what i could see in the dark) .. but as you go further down into Mallusk, it's just rain.. I'm just at the bottom of the hill leading over Cavehill (Mallusk side)...

P.s - that's if you mean Hightown in Glengormley lol! :)

Also - Hi to a fellow Eastie (Lived all my life over in the East - just moved here to Mallusk last year - it's great for snow lol...not my reason for moving but a nice benefit when it does arrive)

Would of been around the country park snowydog! Aye the girlfriend lives just off sandyknowes and brags about it big time when it's raining over here! Sure has its own micro climate the glens of gormley! 

Posted
35 minutes ago, ForeverPomeroysnow said:

How is this looking now Mountain, is it still a possibility? 

Still a possibility. Might need to give it amother 24 hours

• Like 2