Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
21 hours ago, Neiller22 said:

Fab morning. Put you in the mood for spring and summer! I think the realisation is that the uk and Ireland are just in the wrong position to get any cold weather. It's a regular trend of winters becoming much less cold and snowy bar the odd extreme and unfortunately I think snow is going to become a complete rarity on our shores in the years to come. 

I realised that about 20 years ago!!!

Posted
4 hours ago, ForeverPomeroysnow said:

Absolutely stunning sunset, hope you all caught some of it

Cracking sunset tonight and a very early frost. I went a run to Donegal with the camera. Got some great shots on the big camera so looking forward to seeing what i got tomorrow when i get on the computer. 

20170122_161817.jpg

Edited by ronan
  • Like 5

Posted

And this ridiculous boring non event of so called winter continues!  I give up in this country ever getting cold. Time for a new hobby or immigration ! 

Posted
4 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

Emigration Neiller

More phantom Easterly chasing in the MOD this morning, surely it cannot fail again?

Predictive text MS! Hate it. Lol. Yes another easterly. Here we go again. 

Posted
1 hour ago, Longtimelurker said:

Latest report at 9pm from Met.ie

I never seen this before-

CASEMENT AERODROME  S10 Gust 22 SMOKE HAZE  

Weather- Smoke Haze? What

Not often it happens here as we dont stay dry enough for long enough but below is causes.

Haze is traditionally an atmospheric phenomenon where dust, smoke and other dry particles obscure the clarity of the sky. ... Sources for haze particles include farming (ploughing in dry weather), traffic, industry, and wildfires.

Edited by booferking
  • Like 2

Posted

Below is temps stats for NI winter so far its been a cold one:rofl: this will be the last time i get Lead up the garden path before winter begins i will take it day by day never looking to much past the 180hr mark on charts.

Dec Mean temp ended 6.5c which is 2.0c above the 1961 to 1990 averages & 1981 to 2010 averages 

Jan mean temp to date 1st-25th is 5.0c which is 1.3c above the 1961 to 1990 averages & 1981 to 2010 averages 

Posted
On 25/1/2017 at 21:23, Longtimelurker said:

Latest report at 9pm from Met.ie

I never seen this before-

CASEMENT AERODROME  S10 Gust 22 SMOKE HAZE  

Weather- Smoke Haze? What

Meant to report in on this. There were gorse and grass fires in the Dublin mountains that evening and the smoke was widespread. Would explain a lot!

Posted

Some nice charts there Boofer with thinks certainly looking interesting mid month courtesy of the SSW, however, things could still easily go wrong with the tropospheric split occurring in the wrong place for us

Posted
17 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

Some nice charts there Boofer with thinks certainly looking interesting mid month courtesy of the SSW, however, things could still easily go wrong with the tropospheric split occurring in the wrong place for us

Yea the ssw really has picked up the last few days hopefully the split falls right for us this time we more than overdue.

• Like 2