Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted

Growing signs of a Sudden Stratospheric Warming by month end, whilst this doesn't guarantee a proper cold spell (what does!), it increases the probability.

There is no hard and fast rule on how quick an SSW impacts on the troposphere, if its quick, we could have a cold start to February, but more likely later in that month.

I'm sure everyone would be satisfied with a cold end to Winter. The last SSW to impact us was back in March 2013, what happened then I wonder?

Posted
1 hour ago, mountain shadow said:

The last SSW to impact us was back in March 2013, what happened then I wonder?

Erm, we got some sleet on St Patrick's day!

Posted

You're forgetting about the snow shield that Dublin City council installed late 2010, to save on the vast fortunes they spent on rock salt... It's been in full effect since then!

Posted

Phantom easterly on the ECM again tonight, at least it's woken up the MOD thread

Posted

Im not getting to excited with an easterly that is more than 10 days away which looks likely heading straight for Greece & Italy.  Hey it could well turn out different this time but a pinch of salt needs consumed & a easterly rarely delivers away from the East coast bar a battle ground situation.

Posted
21 minutes ago, booferking said:

easterly rarely delivers away from the East coast 

And what, may I ask, is bloody well wrong with that?!?! :-)

#2010snowfamine

Posted

Easterly gone again in the morning greece & italy looking like bearing the brunt while where burning mid-night oil chasing the phatom think this is about the 5th failed attempt,  rocheydub i feel your pain i really do but you know as well as me it really needs to be a super-duper easterly to deliver for Ireland and any that has shown at day 9-10 would only deliver to England which have then been downgraded further in the reliable time frame to a continental slack feed.

To be honest sick of seeing mediterranean getting buried in deep snow & frigid weather.

Hoping for a greeni-Icelandic high myself Northerly then a North Easterly:)

ECM1-240 (2).gif

ECM0-240.gif

Edited by booferking

Posted

You just know the summer will be as remarkable, for its lack of high pressure!!!

Posted

Early signs that SSW might not work in are favour with the vortex displaced stretched only to reappear again back over the pole day 16 that would be a right kick in the teeth shocking luck this year with the rest of europe in the freezer weeks on end.

Edited by booferking

Posted

Fab morning. Put you in the mood for spring and summer! I think the realisation is that the uk and Ireland are just in the wrong position to get any cold weather. It's a regular trend of winters becoming much less cold and snowy bar the odd extreme and unfortunately I think snow is going to become a complete rarity on our shores in the years to come. 

Posted

It's cold this evening. -1 up here in Glengormley. Going to get my fire on and have few friends round. Don't want to go out it's too cold.