Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

It's 1.6 and the dew point is 0.5 everytime I look out the window it's changed. Right now it's snowing 2 minutes a go it was hail stones and while I was writing this it's turned to sleet. 

Posted

Humidity looks really high in places castlederg is 99% temp 0.9 it just wont snow in them conditions unless its prolonged and evaporating sets in. Link below  for anyone looking to calculate there chances of snow will fall.

Humidity could well be the killer tonight for some as everything else is in place.

http://www.sciencebits.com/SnowProbCalc?calc=yes

Snow starting to fall here now again 

Temp 0.1c Humidity 91%

1 minute ago, booferking said:

Humidity looks really high in places castlederg is 99% temp 0.9 it just wont snow in them conditions unless its prolonged and evaporating sets in. Link below  for anyone looking to calculate there chances of snow will fall.

Humidity could well be the killer tonight for some as everything else is in place.

Temp 0.1c Humidity 91%

Yes, 92% humidity here in Derry according to the station.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

85% here everytime I look out the window it's changed. That was a real good shower when I was leaving asda coleraine earlier but it was raining by the other side of  the mountain in coleraine. 

10 minutes ago, booferking said:

Temp 0.1c Humidity 91%

Met eireann Station recording snow at 96% humidity, 

BALLYHAISE CAVAN http://www.met.ie/latest/reports.asp

Also according to that link Castlederg would have a 60% chance of snow

And at 6pm Castlederg from Met office is 0.6C 97% humidity so that would be 90% risk

Edited by Longtimelurker

Posted

Snowing now in Antrim, not to heavy at the moment but it is settling so suppose that's good :)

Posted
4 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

Something big approaching the NW coast, surely that will make it over here

The angle almost looks like it goes slightly west of this side of the Lough mountain, but hopefully not. Would tie in with meto heavy snow at 8pm

Posted

Heavy snow now here in Antrim,  Everything white over in just a matter of minutes :D  happy days. 

• Like 1

Posted

Mountain I've been keeping an eye on it for a while, it seems to be heading south rather than south east

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter

The North Down snow barrier has been breached !! Obbie 1 has weaved his powers and struck a blow to the shield !! Lol

snowing lightly and lying on cars and roofs. I'm at sea level. At least it's something !! Lol

• Like 3