Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Haha wouldn't you know, that intense shower completely disintegrated as soon as it hit the border!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
5 minutes ago, Sperrin said:

Haha wouldn't you know, that intense shower completely disintegrated as soon as it hit the border!!

The ones behind it look a little more promising to me so shall see what they bring. Sky darkening here again now. 

Posted

Wouldn't you know just as shower activity increses it all falls as sleet!! What sort of uppers do we need for snow these days?!

Screenshot_20170112-160916.png

1 minute ago, Hegzyy said:

Wouldn't you know just as shower activity increses it all falls as sleet!! What sort of uppers do we need for snow these days?!

Screenshot_20170112-160916.png

Short lived snow showers throughout the day then once its half organised it turns to sleet ha. Its 1c colder now than it was when it was snowing. 

Posted

Sorry guys u really don't want to hear from me but another good snow shower there, still snowing lightly at the minute. Elevation must be the key factor here

There is no more snow left, not even dusting. Not much on the cars too, Officially disappointed now. I thought we'd get something from this it looked all so promising, the organized band of showers turning as sleet instead of snow only confirms that for me atleast it's all over.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Snow is coming down well in Omagh now, can no longer see the Sperrins as they are in white out!

3 minutes ago, BREIFMAN11 said:

There is no more snow left, not even dusting. Not much on the cars too, Officially disappointed now. I thought we'd get something from this it looked all so promising, the organized band of showers turning as sleet instead of snow only confirms that for me atleast it's all over.

3 minutes ago, BREIFMAN11 said:

Yeah same for me. For my location anyway, too wet and still rainy, this was the organised band of "snow" I was waiting for ha. Elevation above 100m around me all white. Lets hope the sleet here turns to snow for others. Huge letdown, wasn't expecting much other than a dusting of 1cm or 2cm tbf

Edited by Longtimelurker

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter
20 minutes ago, Longtimelurker said:

Short lived snow showers throughout the day then once its half organised it turns to sleet ha. Its 1c colder now than it was when it was snowing. 

I myself don't understand why showers would be of sleet or rain. The forecast uppers were cold enough and D/P's forecast as 0c or below even at the coast. 

Its bone dry here still with any showers die-ing out as they make further progress towards Belfast and east coast. 

A question for someone:- why does a W, NW or N airstream have little difficulty at other times of the year getting rain showers to the east coast but come winter snow showers die out as they progress inland. Any reason?

Posted
3 minutes ago, johnny1972 said:

I myself don't understand why showers would be of sleet or rain. The forecast uppers were cold enough and D/P's forecast as 0c or below even at the coast. 

Its bone dry here still with any showers die-ing out as they make further progress towards Belfast and east coast. 

A question for someone:- why does a W, NW or N airstream have little difficulty at other times of the year getting rain showers to the east coast but come winter snow showers die out as they progress inland. Any reason?

Colder air holds less moisture I suppose.

Radar looks poorer as well at the moment. 

• Like 1