Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
7 minutes ago, ronan said:

Neiller am not having a dig at you here but just saying it the way i see it. If i was to quote your last 20 posts then i think you would actually cringe reading back on them. Another poster following closely behind you. Saying nothing else on the matter but some posts really are affecting the mood in here and people are refraining from posting. 

10 minutes ago, Juuyoku said:

I've been avoiding reading here as much because it's so negative. We know the charts won't always verify but for some of us half the fun is the watching and waiting. Lots of I was right and you were wrong going on in here as well. People are entitled to their opinions but it's turning into a whole load of moaning. 

And I'm saying it the way I see it? Difference being? Read my posts, and not cringing. I will leave it a while before posting again and let you guys get on with it as I don't  want people to not njoy the thread. Just a shame some on here cannot let somebody post an opinion because they don't like or agree with it but I will continue to read all your valid and informative  posts during the rest of the winter.Very strange. Hope you get your blizzard ronnan and booferking 

Posted

Jezzzz.....I think some in here need some left over toys from Christmas to.....I thought this was a light hearted forum on regional weather where people give views and opinions and a few jokes in between. 

Its all got very serious now. Can we not pm each other if we have issues rather than spoiling it for the majority?

The weather is the weather and its good to see everyone views and opinions right or wrong ......roll on the snow so we can get together and throw snow balls at each other in good taste and some let a bit of steam off

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, ForeverPomeroysnow said:

Well said Weegaz, this is a light hearted forum, we know that the charts won't come of most of the time, but the craic can be in the maybe just this time they will.... 

And thats the reason why i like this thread but it turned very soar over the last few days hopefully we all get snow in this first Northerly to cheer us all up..

• Like 1

Posted

Glad to see some positive talk on here at last. The reason we follow this thread is we're snow mad and enjoy the chase. Even if it only ends up being a couple of flakes when we're watching the lamppost:D

• Like 3

Posted

Snow symbols appearing at my location for New Year's Day Pom, mod thread looking good to!!

hopefully this forum will pick up on the positive vibes over the next few runs

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snooow

I always tell everyone its going to blizzard as soon as I see signs - kinda like those newspaper articles, I'd be an awesome editor!  

Then I feel stupid when it doesn't happen, this time I'll give it 24 hours notice,.  I just get so excited at snow :cold-emoji:

• Like 2

Posted

If and I mean if with a capital I and F we can get a Scandi High in place the potential for large snowfalls in Ireland could be huge.

The jet over the states will be firing up and if that energy goes under the Scandi High the battleground will be memorable.

The snow shovel remains firmly padlocked for now.

• Like 2

Posted
21 hours ago, mountain shadow said:

Dusting down the snow shovel, I am not.

You are watching waaaay too much Star Wars!

Posted

Some brilliant overnight runs!! Lets hope it keeps up. I have to apoligise for the negativity yesterday but felt that a few things needed to be said. But on a brighter note we have something to look for to now and more people posting in the thread.

• Like 1

Posted

Until UKMO NWP is on board, I'm not popping any champagne corks yet folks. It's kind of knife edge stuff getting past 96hrs run where it all develops.

We'll know more this evening!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

we have seen it happen many times in the past with potential for a decent cold spell when the ukmo goes againest the ecm and gfs and ends up being correct and then the ecm and gfs fall into line with it. Hopefully this wont be one of those occasions.

Im cautiously optimistic.

• Like 3

Posted
55 minutes ago, sundog said:

we have seen it happen many times in the past with potential for a decent cold spell when the ukmo goes againest the ecm and gfs and ends up being correct and then the ecm and gfs fall into line with it. Hopefully this wont be one of those occasions.

Im cautiously optimistic.

Indeed, the scars of previous years still burn!

• Like 2