Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
41 minutes ago, ForeverPomeroysnow said:

ECM1-192 (2).gif            hmmm still there I see, would this bring snow as well? 

Nope, cold air mixed out in that one, it would be Boxing Day before we had a chance. Still another 24/48 hours before we know exactly what that Christmas storm will do.

• Like 1

Posted
22 hours ago, ForeverPomeroysnow said:

Hard  to believe that was 18 years ago lad's!!! 

I remember I had just turned 9 the week before. I was watching Honey I shrunk the kids and TV kept going on and off haha. My dad had to collect my brother when it was starting to get out of hand, I remember watching out the window as he fell in to the garden ha. We had no electricity for 4 days, trees felled, slates/Debris all over the street etc. I remember total darkness and flashes of lightning with hail/sleet battering off the window and listening to the Battery powered radio I had just got ha. That's what turned me in to a weather nut but always had an interest before. Met.ie have a nice account of that storm. http://www.met.ie/climate-ireland/weather-events/Dec1998_Storm.PDF

Malin Head gust 110mph

Castlederg 97mph for an inland station is quite something

Totals for Finner Camp are sadly just estimates.

Edited by Abyss
  • Like 3

Posted

Are you annoying the southern brigade booferking ref possible snow around xmas. U should now by now unless it snows down there all charts are crap even if it shows blizzards up north! Ha ha. Keep it up. Would love it to snow here and rain there! :yahoo:

• Like 4

Posted
12 minutes ago, Neiller22 said:

Are you annoying the southern brigade booferking ref possible snow around xmas. U should now by now unless it snows down there all charts are crap even if it shows blizzards up north! Ha ha. Keep it up. Would love it to snow here and rain there! :yahoo:

Haha they cant help themselves can they, anyway next week is turning out to be the most interesting spell of weather this winter, and i sure am glad this borefest is coming to an end..:snowman-emoji:

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Nice one, Boofer. I wasn't sure if the air was going to be cold enough next week as it appears to be on the knife edge, however, the guys at MetEr have boosted my mood significantly.

Where in Tyrone are you yourself, boofer?

Pom, this could be a tough week for you if it turns out Pomeroy gets a pasting?!!

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, Sperrin said:

Nice one, Boofer. I wasn't sure if the air was going to be cold enough next week as it appears to be on the knife edge, however, the guys at MetEr have boosted my mood significantly.

Pom, this could be a tough week for you if it turns out Pomeroy gets a pasting?!!  BOOOOOOOO

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Hahaha! I always remember being sickened when my mates from around the county came into school with reports of great snow and we got stained glass window all in Omagh.

Posted
1 hour ago, ForeverPomeroysnow said:
1 hour ago, Sperrin said:

Pom, this could be a tough week for you if it turns out Pomeroy gets a pasting?!!  BOOOOOOOO

Yea i think the air will be cold enough for snow but we will see, i live in cookstown which dont have much altitude but i think this time it could deliver a covering for most of us.:)

Edited by booferking
  • Like 2

Posted
7 minutes ago, booferking said:

Yea i think the air will be cold enough for snow but we will see, i live in cookstown which dont have much altitude but i think this time it could deliver a covering for most of us.:)

I hope you are right but I'm just not convinced. I think you might see the Met Eireann forecast being watered down nearer the time as I think it will be more rain than snow bar high ground

• Like 1

Posted
12 minutes ago, Neiller22 said:

I hope you are right but I'm just not convinced. I think you might see the Met Eireann forecast being watered down nearer the time as I think it will be more rain than snow bar high ground

Think positive when you put doubt in it will nearly always go tits up positive vibes will lead to a positive outcome believe.:snowman-emoji::santa-emoji:

Put it like this would you rather take a chance with pm zonal or continue with this high borefest.  if you get snow from pm zonal then its a bonus in my eyes because you know what your guarantee to get with this high diddly squat.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, booferking said:

Think positive when you put doubt in it will nearly always go tits up positive vibes will lead to a positive outcome believe.:snowman-emoji::santa-emoji:

Put it like this would you rather take a chance with pm zonal or continue with this high borefest.  if you get snow from pm zonal then its a bonus in my eyes because you know what your guarantee to get with this high diddly squat.

Agree totally. Weather this autumn and winter has bored the hell out of me but I'm just not convinced many will see snow this week or xmas.  I would love to be wrong though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snooow

I like the change in weather back to cold just before Christmas. Walking to work at 10pm in aT-shirt felt wrong.  I need my coat, gloves and hat to feel a bit more festive! 

• Like 1