Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted

Deary me they are talking about floods and everything in the model thread,  even tho we have had 4 months in a row that have been well below the avg rainfall.

Its not rain im seeing in them charts its snow.:santa-emoji:

dry.png

ECM1-240.gif

ECU0-240.gif

Edited by booferking
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards and deep cold

Some serious imbyism on the model thread anything outside of southern England is a bust

• Like 3

Posted

Even if we don't get snow, I love a good Christmas storm. All snuggled up in front of the fire with a wee beer or three as the wind and rain rages outside.

Lovely stuff!

• Like 3

Posted
15 minutes ago, carboncowboy75 said:

Some serious imbyism on the model thread anything outside of southern England is a bust

Indeed Carbon very misleading as well, personally I detest the phrase beast from the east and the continued hunting for this resulting in the total disregard for cold that might benefit other regions! 

Posted
8 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

Even if we don't get snow, I love a good Christmas storm. All snuggled up in front of the fire with a wee beer or three as the wind and rain rages outside.

Lovely stuff!

I have a hankering to get a real nice bottle of Irish or Scottish whiskey, anyone any suggestions?? 

Posted

Pom

Highland Park without the E is very nice. I'm not a big Whisky drinker but I do find this more palatable. A wee bit pricey but it's Christmas after all.

• Like 1

Posted

This winter is so boring!! Least we had a bit of rain to change the norm grey skies ! And were us GP in the model thread. Has he done a runner? Anyway the chase continues just like every year. And will be the same outcome I'm sure. Not much snow. 

Edited by Neiller22

Posted
49 minutes ago, Neiller22 said:

This winter is so boring!! Least we had a bit of rain to change the norm grey skies ! And were us GP in the model thread. Has he done a runner? Anyway the chase continues just like every year. And will be the same outcome I'm sure. Not much snow. 

GP has just posted in the model thread Neiller :) not sure what it all means but the final week of December may hold some interest? 

Posted
1 hour ago, ForeverPomeroysnow said:

GP has just posted in the model thread Neiller :) not sure what it all means but the final week of December may hold some interest? 

Yeh just saw that. Sounds like he thinks things are def not done and dusted by a long stretch. We will see. 

Edited by Neiller22

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Looking at recent runs there appears to be a chance of PM shots of -4 uppers around the Christmas period. Perhaps a chance of seeing some white stuff in favoured locations?

• Like 2

Posted

I would take the GEM for xmas day should get wintery showers with that chart, i would,nt look to much into the @850 as they are always 4-5 degree colder than what they say on the GEM.

gemnh-0-240.png

Edited by booferking
  • Like 1

Posted

At least Christmas is looking interesting. If we do get a deep low near and overhead, the deeper the better as the 850mb level will be lower so the air will be less modified. If we could just get -6 850s, snow would be certain.

Imagine a Christmas Night blizzard!

• Like 4

Posted
38 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

At least Christmas is looking interesting. If we do get a deep low near and overhead, the deeper the better as the 850mb level will be lower so the air will be less modified. If we could just get -6 850s, snow would be certain.

Imagine a Christmas Night blizzard!:cold-emoji::drunk-emoji:

Now that would be great!! Blizzards and power cuts!! Christmas with the family in front of the fire the old way with candles lit and a good old board game. Lol

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Jaysis Ronan, if there's a power cut how would we lamp post watch???

Posted
4 minutes ago, ForeverPomeroysnow said:

What year was the big St Stephens day storm? Was it 95? I remember being served drink by candlelight in the adequately named Gaslight in Cookstown as there was no power, boy did I get drunk that day!!

1998 it was and i remember drinking in kellys bar Cookstown that night around the fire until the chimney blew down haha.

archives-1998-12-27-0-0 (1).png

Edited by booferking
  • Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, booferking said:

1998 it was and i remember drinking in kellys bar Cookstown that night around the fire until the chimney blew down haha.

That was a crazy storm! We got a call later in the night to say that a tree had fallen in through our kitchen roof! We couldn't get home until the next morning as the main Victoria Road out of Derry was blocked by several fallen trees.

• Like 2