Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted

Got disturbed from my slumber to find I've apparently missed winter out and we are heading towards spring?

Does that mean the big man has been, gone and I've missed the big turkey dinner? Cos that kinda things really starts rippin ma knittin..

Just checked my calendar and all is well!!

Still time yet for a wee snowball fight.

And of course plenty of time to get the bird a good stuffing!

Ho Ho Ho!!!!!!!

Keep the faith!

• Like 2

Posted

With virtually no chance of snow for the rest of the year and the PV expected to ramp up in January I fear we will be looking to the back end of February/early March for snow. my punt is the 25th of February.

We might get lucky with some snow from passing weather systems but that's an outside bet.

Posted
4 minutes ago, ForeverPomeroysnow said:

Tis poor fare at the minute,  pity given such early confidence,  glad nobody told their family or friends....  lol

;-)

• Like 1

Posted
10 hours ago, mountain shadow said:

11 hours ago, ForeverPomeroysnow said:

Idk how I have you both quoted but can't delete.

Well this would certainly be a shock to the system if it came off

ECU4-240.GIF?12-0

Edited by Abyss

Posted

Fergieweather still optimistic of high level blocking later in the month and January, I still think everyone is too pessimistic we might still see something good before the of January 

• Like 2

Posted

So i took a break for 4 days on the models and still nothing to look forward to, i just feel any blocking to the east isn't going to deliver the goods we need the atlantic to be blocked itself, snow for Xmas now looks definitely off the cards.

Posted
2 hours ago, booferking said:

snow for Xmas now looks definitely off the cards.

I'm not 100% convinced of that.............yet

With the useless block looking to get blasted away by the jet we may get lucky with a passing cold front around the big day. If we get enough amplification behind a passing areas of low pressure to the North, we could possibly pick up some colder air from NE America/Greenland.

A low chance but certainly more likely than anything that useless block was going to deliver

• Like 1

Posted
4 hours ago, mountain shadow said:

I'm not 100% convinced of that.............yet

With the useless block looking to get blasted away by the jet we may get lucky with a passing cold front around the big day. If we get enough amplification behind a passing areas of low pressure to the North, we could possibly pick up some colder air from NE America/Greenland.

A low chance but certainly more likely than anything that useless block was going to deliver

I see signs in this run that the atlantic might come through hopefull we can get a jet running south east and we might tap into some pm air for xmas.

But the signs are that this block want allow the jet to run favourable really need the jet to get into europe so we can dig the cold air in behind the troughs.

Edited by booferking

Posted

I really haven't a clue where we are going with the current output. Could we end up with a battleground situation where we are in a favoured position to get snow or do we need the block to move further East to draw in the cold air from the north west? One thing for sure is that the high is going to put up a serious fight. I don't think i have ever witnessed a block that has stuck around for so long at this stage in winter. Imagine this was the summer! One more thing is that could the lows coming from the north west undercut and give snow or is the 850s etc not favouring that type of setup?

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

I think our best chance atm would be for the hp move east out of the way and allow lps to come in from the atlantic with a chance of at least some pm shots. Not great but much better then the current rubbish.

I think the undercut idea is probably unlikely,its often difficult to get that at the best of times these days.

Edited by sundog

Posted
20 minutes ago, sundog said:

I think our best chance atm would be for the hp move east out of the way and allow lps to come in from the atlantic with a chance of at least some pm shots. Not great but much better then the current rubbish.

I think the undercut idea is probably unlikely,its often difficult to get that at the best of times these days.

Ok thank you for your reply Sundog. Really is frustrating at the minute. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
14 minutes ago, ronan said:

Ok thank you for your reply Sundog. Really is frustrating at the minute. 

Yes it sure is frustrating,really hoped for better this yr. Hopefully jan will be better.  As someone said in the mod thread we do seem to be stuck in a stalemate atm

Posted

The ECM had been consistently blowing the useless block away and GFS finally on board.

This then opens up the tantalising prospect of some white stuff around Christmas.

Hopefully the models will firm up on some better amplification of the jet to bring in some colder air.

• Like 3

Posted
2 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

The ECM had been consistently blowing the useless block away and GFS finally on board.

This then opens up the tantalising prospect of some white stuff around Christmas.

Hopefully the models will firm up on some better amplification of the jet to bring in some colder air.

Im liken the ECM this morning its a brill run but dont think they will agree in the model thread tho the beloved block is gone in 6 days.

Posted
1 minute ago, booferking said:

Im liken the ECM this morning its a brill run but dont think they will agree in the model thread tho the beloved block is gone in 6 days.

For SE Englanders they want the block to hang on as it offers them the best prospects of snow, for us in the North West, we want the opposite.

Bring on the polar North/North Westerlies I say.

A wee storm or two would be more exciting than this endless cloudy dross we've had.

• Like 5