Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted

Technical question for those in the know, I have finally got Bt broadband in but the upload download speeds are quite terrible also the range isn't fantastic.  Does anyone in here have a broadband signal extender/booster if so would you recommend buying one and what type? 

Posted

Get away from BT Pom. I was with them for years and eventually changed to Vodafone for half the price and an increase in speed. The amount of money that BT is lifting every month from the public they should be able to run a new fibre line to every house in the country the bastards. 

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, somofagun said:

Get away from BT Pom. I was with them for years and eventually changed to Vodafone for half the price and an increase in speed. The amount of money that BT is lifting every month from the public they should be able to run a new fibre line to every house in the country the bastards. 

Cheers somofagun, does Vodafone not use the Bt line network to provide their broadband through (I haven't a clue about these things) 

Posted

Yes they do but for some reason my speed went up. I think it is something to do with the allocated units back in the cabinets. With less costumers there is more broadband width available to each user.

Posted

The long search for the white stuff continues, the prospects for any snow this month look unlikely.

Edited by mountain shadow

Posted

Out of all the main models ops para control runs i would settle for the GFS para at least there is a chance for snow in the lead up to xmas cold air digging South on the jet the next frame would show snow for us and heavy at that.

Beats anticyclone weather with grey skies as far as i can see this high is not going to sit nice for us out west.

gfs-0-384.png

gfs-2-384.png

• Like 3

Posted
7 minutes ago, booferking said:

Out of all the main models ops para control runs i would settle for the GFS para at least there is a chance for snow in the lead up to xmas cold air digging South on the jet the next frame would show snow for us and heavy at that.

Beats anticyclone weather with grey skies as far as i can see this high is not going to sit nice for us out west.

gfs-0-384.png

gfs-2-384.png

That would be imense. Probably a three or four day blizzard right through Christmas.

We can but dream.

• Like 6

Posted
1 hour ago, booferking said:

Some front loaded mild weather hitting N.Ireland 16c at 10am get the shorts out ronan derry is warmer than spain..:rofl:

Untitled3.png

I just came in to post about this!! Went to the shop there a walk in my t-shirt. Lol. Surely 16 degrees has to be a record for December?

Posted
1 hour ago, ronan said:

I just came in to post about this!! Went to the shop there a walk in my t-shirt. Lol. Surely 16 degrees has to be a record for December?

18.3 Achnashellach (Highland) 2nd Dec1948

I going to see if i can find out any data for local regions as we might not be far off the record for here,

• Like 1

Posted

For Northern Ireland-

December 16.0 - 11 December - 1994Murlough 
(County Down)

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/climate-extremes/#?tab=climateExtremes

Finner in Donegal and Phoenix Park  broke their December records today.

The all island record for Ireland in December  is 17.1 at Dublin Airport in December 1948.

Pretty Depressing for a front loaded cold half of Winter :wallbash:

Edited by Abyss
  • Like 1

Posted
16 minutes ago, ForeverPomeroysnow said:

Sooooo what we going to talk about now that Winter is over (according to Model thread)

I still think we have a chance for snow for xmas, get rid of these heights to the south east, Atlantic ridge seems to be poping up around 18th lets get these heights to the south east drain into the Atlantic ridge to reinforce the Atlantic block then look to the north as the pv seem,s to want to migrate to siberia in latter frames causing another vortex split.

All these people in that wee corner of the world that want this high to stay put in the south east can wish all they want but it ain't helping our winter prospects lower the heights in europe and you have a far better chance of something cold & SNOWY going forward.

• Like 1

Posted

Yeah Winter far from over. Ridiculous to think otherwise I just think its childish frustration which leads to those end of the world posts but the weather looks very very boring for the foreseeable so we'll just have to suck it up for a week or two and see how it looks then. Personally if we are to get a severe cold spell I'd like to see it in January as I've witnessed a couple in December, the evenings are a bit longer and its the coldest month.

Edited by Abyss
  • Like 1