Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted

This is the most quiet this forum has been in a winter in years! Don't know about anybody else but this high pressure weather bores the t##s of me! Give me storms and cold zonality any time over this crap! Least you have chance of snow. If I hear the word shortwave or background signals again I think I will go over the edge! 

Edited by Neiller22

Posted

I have found it quite funny in the model thread that Frosty has become a completley different person. Its nearly like his posts have been hijacked by a mild ramper. Would love to take a week off from the site but like clock work every run i am logging on for a nosey. Lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow!
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow!

Beautiful scenery this morning on the way to work. Was a low of -5.7° during the night!

Edited by jamesd
  • Like 1

Posted
15 minutes ago, jamesd said:

Beautiful scenery this morning on the way to work. Was a low of -5.7° during the night!

Loving these harsh frosts. Walking the dog at night all wrapped up and home then to a hot mug of tea and a roaring fire! 

Id still hold faith in what Stuart (GP) said all along, pattern change within the next 2 weeks. It's starting to show in some of the GEFS already.

By the way, there's an exceptional 'ignore user' function on the site. I find it helps take the clutter out of the MOD thread. Makes it much more readable!

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, Rocheydub said:

Loving these harsh frosts. Walking the dog at night all wrapped up and home then to a hot mug of tea and a roaring fire! 

Id still hold faith in what Stuart (GP) said all along, pattern change within the next 2 weeks. It's starting to show in some of the GEFS already.

By the way, there's an exceptional 'ignore user' function on the site. I find it helps take the clutter out of the MOD thread. Makes it much more readable!

I have heard of this but can never find it, could you be so kind and sign post me!!

Posted

Something needs done in that model thread. So much arguing the past few days. Certain people ganging up on others etc. Frosty becoming a little irritating to. 

Edited by ronan

Posted
2 hours ago, ForeverPomeroysnow said:

I have heard of this but can never find it, could you be so kind and sign post me!!

Just checking on the phone and can't find it, but on laptop just click on the username and the option is below their profile to 'ignore user'!

• Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, ForeverPomeroysnow said:

Upto the Moderators Ronan, finding it very hard to follow at the moment with the toys and prams nonsense 

On pc move cursor over their profile pic and their is an "ignore user" feature that appears 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Things dont look too inspiring at the moment but hopefully come the second half of the month things will improve somewhat. Its often happened before that a decent cold spell follows a milder wetter period (if the mild doesnt become too entrenched of course,and i dont think it will) so hopefully that will be the case this time.

Edited by sundog
  • Like 2

Posted

December turning into a nightmare after looking so promising in November.

Model output continues to be poor and were probably looking to the last week in December before any snow might be possible.

Posted
54 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

December turning into a nightmare after looking so promising in November.

Model output continues to be poor and were probably looking to the last week in December before any snow might be possible.

Yep turning into a complete disater we need a complete flip to happen if we have any chance of snow for the lead up to Christmas, some of the eps & ens are showing potential but all in lala land until the ops & control are on board in the reliable time frame anything i see will be taking with a pinch of salt.

Edited by booferking

Posted

And the most boring autumn and start of winter continues. Jesus this is brutal. Though I'm not surprised Dec looks horrific it's gone the way i thought it would. Never jumped onto the Dec bandwagon. I fear a long hard chase is on for snow once again this winter. 

Posted

For anyone feeling downbeat about the start to this winter then we aren't the only ones having a bad start. As said in the model thread the ski resorts are going to struggle to get started this season and not only in the UK but further afield. Its just a rare set up for most of the northern hemisphere. I am currently planning my trip to Iceland for a week in February and we plan to do the Ring Road. I have been chatting to a few locals in Iceland and they are currently experiencing very mild conditions compared to the norm for December but have advised against driving the Ring Road in February due to normal February conditions in previous years. Yes the highlands have snow but in and around Reykjavik it is very mild. My point is that this isn't normal December weather compared to previous years at home and in other countries. The likes of Finland and other countries further east are experiencing exceptionally low temps at the minute with some places going down to -35 but some places that should be getting these cold temps just aren't with the current setup. Yes the models aren't showing anything in the reliable but as we have seen in the past few weeks the models have been all over the place! Something has to give and i am sure it will in the next couple of weeks.

• Like 3

Posted

Yep I went ahead and booked a ski trip to Austria thinking a nice magical white Christmas with the kids!!! Looking at the moment Iike I'll not be needing the ski wear more like shorts and t shirts!

• Like 1

Posted
36 minutes ago, ronan said:

@booferking i'm liking your post in the Model Thread. Lol. Loads of snow for us and nothing across the water. That would give them something to talk about while we bask in inches of snow. Lol

gens-16-2-372.png.44ad738ad88b615e8a763153de3b3ded.png

It was a wee sly dig well covered up mind you. lol:snowman-emoji:

• Like 1