Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

As much as I like HP this time if yr once there is plenty of sunshine and frost,there is on the other hand nothing more tedious then a cloudy HP . Just can't seem to win these days with either frost of snow. There is always a fly in the ointment.

But anyway here's hoping later next month will deliver something of note. Patience as always.............

Posted

Yep a cloudy HP just bores the t*ts of me! Give me storms etc over this drivel! We have gone from end of Nov predictions for snow to the 3rd week of Dec now! Does this not ring a bell to everybody! It's always a chase regardless of perfect set up and signals. Before u know it we will be talking about end of Jan then maybe one last chance  end of Feb when that doesn't materialise either! I hate being negative but I just do not buy into this notion of good snow chances this year. I know winter doesn't start until Thursday but we are getting nout with all this talk of brilliant background signals. Something always pops up to spoil the party and I personally think will continue to do so

This actually could turn out the most boring Dec ever ! 

Edited by Neiller22

Posted
2 hours ago, ForeverPomeroysnow said:

I wonder where November will end up as one of the most driest months on record, remarkable how dry it has been! 

That will be interesting to see as last Nov was the 3rd wettest since a series of 1910, what a turn around within a year of this goes close to the driest Nov.

Northern Ireland diary of highlights Nov 2015

The mean temperature for November was 1.5 °C above the long-term average. It was a wet month with 169% of average rainfall, the third wettest November in a series from 1910.

• Like 2

Posted

UKMO run for this evening was a cracker. Eyes down for the ecm starting at 6

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: continental climate

Minus 4.3 already on N81 Baltinglass according to NRA! Once again over a degree colder than anywhere in republic, its a shame there is no official weather station nearby as I strongly believe it would have recorded all time low in December 2010 easily beating Castlederg co.Tyrone, snowcover was deeper there and mountains higher around there then Castlederg 

• Like 2

Posted
24 minutes ago, jules216 said:

Minus 4.3 already on N81 Baltinglass according to NRA! Once again over a degree colder than anywhere in republic, its a shame there is no official weather station nearby as I strongly believe it would have recorded all time low in December 2010 easily beating Castlederg co.Tyrone, snowcover was deeper there and mountains higher around there then Castlederg 

Us tyrone men hold the title for that and your not taking it away from us:cold::D

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: continental climate

Well don't worry,we don't deserve the title anyway because the pathetic MetEirrean can not put an official weather station where should, I swear if I ever see such similar synoptics arising I will buy a weather station,put in there and share results here

• Like 3

Posted

Model thread= shortwave after shortwave after shortwave ! They are obsessed with them! It's their buzz word st the mo! 

Posted

18z looking good tonight folks. Really don't think it will be long before we see some proper eye candy. Would be nice to have a white Xmas this year and the way things are going then there is every chance of it happening. 

• Like 1

Posted

Not going by this mornings models and some experts predict the pv is going to go back home very soon. The chase continues but snow is as far away as it was 3  weeks ago whe some were saying the cold and snow would be here late nov/early Dec. Hope the models do a stonking run soon but I'm just not buying it. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow

We seem to be going round and round in circles the last few weeks when it comes to gettiing a proper cold spell ,though granted its still only nov. 2 steps forward ,1 step back,1step forward  2 steps back..............etc.

Its getting all a bit tedious imo in the model thread. Anyway still think we are in with a decent shout this yr but as always time will tell.

Edited by sundog

Posted

The models have been consistent with showing the maintain of our High Pressure, now the extended GEFS are picking up on height rises towards Greenland from mid month.

I can guarantee I will not be ramping this time!

Posted

Sorry MS but the models keep putting this back. I really think people should forget about Dec and any proper cold and snow. And I fully expect the met office outlook to change in the coming days or week. This is just not going to happen. Islands surrounded by water like we are and the jet stream just makes it exceptionally difficult for us to get what we all want. 

Update.. as I stated above the pro's (Matt Hugo) in model thread now hinting blocking middle of Dec may not come to fruition! I rest my case. 

Edited by Neiller22

Posted

Yes there is a backtrack from Northern blocking now, Matt just hinted at it. However, I never buy these long range FC no matter what they state. Hocus pocus stuff. For instance last year a storm with exceptionally mild air made its way in to Arctic, it had a domino effect which made all of "background signals" invalid. My point is something unforeseen can happen and the domino effect overrides all the previous thoughts as it wasn't anticipated. And for years of observing netweather these background signals never amounted to anything.

I'm not ruling out a cold spell this December or any time this Winter, I never bought the background signals to begin with so no difference to me. Beyond two weeks is a massive stretch lets just see what happens before becoming too negative and despondent on the final evening of Autumn. It's all to play for.

Posted

I find it surprising Matt has changed his mind when as far as I can see he has no evidence to base it on.

If Northerly blocking does kick in this month his integrity will be shot to pieces.

Posted
39 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

I find it surprising Matt has changed his mind when as far as I can see he has no evidence to base it on.

If Northerly blocking does kick in this month his integrity will be shot to pieces.

He clearly sees something else in models we are not privy too. Winter is not over but I don't think  we will get what everybody wants which is good snowy spells. The odd yes but prolonged I can't see it! 

Edited by Neiller22

Posted
1 hour ago, mountain shadow said:

Matt has not changed his mind, he has cast a doubt upon something he felt was a near certainty! Big difference. It's beem suggested that the NWP have been experiencing uncertainty because of southern hemispherical storms, that were not expected. 

To use a phrase, "JAM TOMORROW"! :-)